Photos

PDXLOVE2006

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:02 PM, PDXLOVE2006 said:

Sometimes I forget my pens so I have to have proof that I found it. So I take a photo but it's not uploading. It works for my friend's phone but not mine it doesn't even work on the PC. Anyone got tips or get ahold of an admin. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 

Photos should be small.  I usually resize mine to 800x600 pixels, somewhere less than 500KB, and almost never try to upload them directly from the phone in any size.  The S8 takes nice big pictures.  You may find another setting, or try a different camera App, or use an App that resizes the photos.

People usually just log that they have no pen (or they don't even mention "pen" forgetfulness at all), leave no signature, and they post no photo "proof".  Photos are cool, except spoilers, but aren't log signatures.  It makes me wonder what the motive is when people log "I probably found it, no effort, no pen, no signature".  Are my caches really horrible to create such apathy?  Should I archive them?  You can go there and forget everything, without me maintaining a cache there.  And the bodily fluid thing, never do that.  It takes weeks for me do proper the DNA tests, and the lab supplies aren't cheap.  Sign a log with an actual writing utensil, and I won't need all these lab assistants.

Here's a reminder: go buy a pen and keep it handy.  The dollar store has a pack of 12 pens for a dollar.  Bring a pen, and an extra pen, and sign the cache log.  Just do it.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
On 3/11/2019 at 5:29 AM, Touchstone said:

I have varying success with uploading photos

Heh.  So did one cacher who recently opted to "fotolog" a series we placed.  He got about half of them right.  I wasn't going to really scrutinize the gallery, but then when we got the new photos added email from project-GC, I noticed this one:

b040e5ab-ca94-443b-9f1f-58088cfbfc72.jpg

This raised some flags, as:

- we don't use pill bottles

- this cache is a magnetic PET preform/PETling

- there isn't a tree for 200 m near this hide.

I went out to the next cache over (also ours) to see if someone had thrown down a pill bottle, but our PETling was right where it should be.

Then I checked all his logs for the day and saw he was all mixed up.

Herp.

Edited by hzoi