Need a host for my trackables!

Hello everyone!

I purchased quite a few trackables a few years back with good intentions to hide them myself, but haven’t been able to get out and Geocache in a while.

I’m looking for a host who would be willing to take some of my trackables and put them out in the wild! I would love to send to someone in an active area in the US where I know these trackables will get some good use.

If anyone would care to be a host I can mail you my trackables for free. Just let me know if you’re interested and why you’d be a good host, I’d love for these to go to a good home and out into the wild.

Thanks!

Edited by gougabulldogs

Not sure what you mean by "host".

If you simply want someone to take all 18 and place them in caches for you, that might be cool...

- But realize that once a trackable leaves your hands, it's fate is unknown.  I believe I have one released that isn't missing.

Maybe you could look at a still-active local cacher from one of your finds, and ask them if they're interested.    :)

• Helpful 1

Releasing my own coins has proven to be very disappointing. Not to discourage, but its rather sad. I have found using a clone coin is best. you can get as creative as you like, but you can purchase toy coins at the dollar store and imprint the track code on it. You can even take a picture and attach it to a tag or something like that. This way, your coin wont be stolen. You can always recover it, and send it out again if it gets waylaid. 

Some may be upset they don't get to handle the actual coin, but the trackable on their inventory will be the same. And you do not loose your investment. 

I lost all of my coins going out within the first 72 hours. 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Roamingbull said:

Releasing my own coins has proven to be very disappointing. Not to discourage, but its rather sad. I have found using a clone coin is best. you can get as creative as you like, but you can purchase toy coins at the dollar store and imprint the track code on it. You can even take a picture and attach it to a tag or something like that. This way, your coin wont be stolen. You can always recover it, and send it out again if it gets waylaid. 

Some may be upset they don't get to handle the actual coin, but the trackable on their inventory will be the same. And you do not loose your investment. 

I understand the disappointment but I think the first question you should be asking is “Am I expecting to see my Geocoin again?”

I know some trackables have a mission to find their way home (and some make it), but I think most people release a trackable without such expectations, just hopeful that it stays in play for as long as possible and has an interesting journey.

So, obviously, if you don’t want to lose a coin, don’t send it out.  However, if you’re resigned to saying farewell to it anyway, why not take the gamble?

Yes, it will be disappointing if (when) it goes missing, and more so, if this happens quickly, but whilst it is in play, it will be giving others a lot more pleasure than a code on a laminated proxy.  (And if it does go missing, then you can send out a proxy.)

12 hours ago, Roamingbull said:

I hear ya, the other 2/3rds lost over a dozen.  Unlike an on-sale Travel Bug or tag, coins aren't cheap. She won't be doing that again...   :)

We even call them "coins", and that probably has a lot to do with it.  The "treasure" in this world's largest treasure hunt.

- The other 2/3rds coins are used as a collection now, since we don't feel  proxies ("coin clones") are much of a replacement.  

Better ones go missing the same, cheaper often looks more like swag than a valuable item (kids grab 'em), and the laminated carp we've seen never seems to hold up.

If we ever re-released the code, we'd use them for Discover-only items at events, or meeting someone on trail.