Misplaced Cache Found in Cove Spring Park, Frankfort KY

mawarikomi

I was walking along a stream that recently flooded and found a geocache attached to a stick laying next to the stream.  There was no cache listed for the location and nearby cache descriptions didn't match what I found.  I found a waterproof tube the size of a small pill bottle wrapped in camo tape and nearby caches are listed as a lock and lock, ammo box, or earth cache.  The cache was located in the western part of Cove Spring Park in Frankfort KY. 

The last 2 log entries on the paper log are by Li'l AL and SherpaRon November 17, 2018 which matches their activity according to the digital logs of the caches I checked online. 

How do I find out who the cache owner is so I can return the cache to them? 

Edited by mawarikomi

Looks like Li'l Al and SherpaRon were part of a group of cachers that all went out hunting together after an event nearby on 17 November.  Looking through their finds, I don't see that any caches have been disabled or archived, but there are a few that have not been found since around 17 November 2018.

It may be easier tracking it by who logged it first - cachers usually keep track if they were first to find a geocache, and if that's the original log, the first person who signed it may recall which cache it was.

I attended that event and vaguely remember a hide like this, but couldn't tell you which hide it was.  If I had to venture a guess as to the CO, I would think it would be Ground Fox.  He owns most of the caches in there and the ones he doesn't were definitely not hides like the one you describe.