Favourites gone from dashboard?

barefootjeff

This is weird. It's changing as I watch it. When I took the first screen shot, the area to the left of Your Lists (which I now have directly under Leaderboard) was empty, now it has a little pictogram of a list...

image.png.1b66830ed27c3071205636a57e45fc64.png

Edit to add: Clicking on either the pictogram or the Your lists text just takes me to the list management page which doesn't show either my favourites or my watchlist.

Edited by barefootjeff

Looks like the mobile view is displaying a different menu.

Normally, when you make your desktop browser window as narrow as possible, you would emulate what they show on your phone browser but they must be doing something different hear as shrinking my desktop browser still shows Favorites. 

Edited by Team DEMP
7 hours ago, Team DEMP said:

Looks like the mobile view is displaying a different menu.

Normally, when you make your desktop browser window as narrow as possible, you would emulate what they show on your phone browser but they must be doing something different hear as shrinking my desktop browser still shows Favorites. 

I'm seeing the problem on my full-size desktop machine (Windows 10 running Firefox 65.0.2 with a 1920x1080 display) but if I look at the website in Chrome on my Android phone or on my Surface Pro (also running Windows 10 and Firefox 65.0.2) I see the separate Lists section that includes Your List, Watchlist and Favourites entries. So I really don't know what's suddenly become different about my desktop machine.

52 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

I'm seeing the problem on my full-size desktop machine (Windows 10 running Firefox 65.0.2 with a 1920x1080 display) but if I look at the website in Chrome on my Android phone or on my Surface Pro (also running Windows 10 and Firefox 65.0.2) I see the separate Lists section that includes Your List, Watchlist and Favourites entries. So I really don't know what's suddenly become different about my desktop machine.

On the same computer, I get different results in different browsers.

In Firefox 65.0.2 on a Win10 desktop, I get what you have in your screenshots above: a single "Your lists" heading that takes you to the list management page.

In Chrome 72.0.3626.121, IE11, or Edge on the same Win10 desktop, I get what we used to have: a section labelled LISTS with entries for "Your lists", "Watchlist", "Favorites", and "x pts remaining".

For kicks, I fired up BrowserStack and tried Opera on Win10 and Safari on MacOS Mojave, and those also gave the expected LISTS section.

It seems like the site is actively sending different content when the user is using Firefox.

3 minutes ago, MartyBartfast said:

Possibly related, but the "Your Lists" link in the Lists frame doesn't have a link associated with it, so clicking it does nothing.

Not sure if I understand this correctly,  but when I click on "My Lists" in the lists frame, I get our one challenge (that we never completed), my favorites, and ignore.

Watchlist and Favorites link to their correct files as well.    :)

"Old" profile dashboard, Windows 7pro, IE11

I'm using Windows 10 Home on my laptop, Chrome Version 72.0.3626.119, and I see the Your Lists with the lists icon; clicking it gives me the management page.  The browser on my Android phone shows the old list of Your lists, Watchlist, Favorites and points remaining; Chrome app v. 71.0.3578.99.  I rarely, if ever use any other browsers.

So I can see my favorite points remaining on the web browser on my phone, but not on my laptop.  I can't seem to find my remaining points on the website at all. (Edit:  When I go to LOG a cache, and hover over the Heart icon, it tells me how many remaining favorites I have to give.  This is on the website, on my Chrome browser.  So I guess I'll know at the moment  I want to give a point ).

Dashboard.png

Edited by CAVinoGal
updated info
17 hours ago, Judique Flyer said:

The "Your Lists" button loops me back to the dashboard, I can not access the lists at all, which really sucks for trying to create a PQ for the morning. 

That's exactly what happens to me. I know I can get to the Lists page directly because I know the URL, but that link on the lists isn't taking me anywhere. See below, the URL being presented when hovering over "Your lists".

image.png.db36b7a3e1441398eb8ec09aa6fc5c86.png

Also missing is my Watchlist - I wanted to make some changes and the Watchlist of caches and TB's is no longer accessible via the menu.  I have to go to each cache or TB to "unwatch" it.  Where's my Watchlist?!?

EDIT: https://www.geocaching.com/my/watchlist.aspx  is the link (I got an email notification for a TB I have on my watchlist; in that email was the link).  THere's no link on the dashboard any longer though.

Edited by CAVinoGal
update

I also see this bug on my computer (FF 65 on Win 7). The "List" part of the menu on the left appears very briefly (showing "Your lists", "Watchlist" and "Favorites"), before it is replaced by the single "Your lists" entry with the icon. The links to my Watchlist and Favorites are just gone.

4 hours ago, thebruce0 said:

:drama:

Sorry, this is a fun thread to read :)

I wonder if a dev is actively working on it with hotfixes while people are reloading the page.

When this first started, my thought was that someone may have been trying some things related to targeting different experiences to different browsers, and that part of that testing accidentally made its way to the prod site. Now that things seemed to revert but then still act differently for some users (and in a different way than before), I don't know what's going on.

There is something odd about that part of the dashboard, though. When the page loads, I can see that the entire Lists section is located between Friends and Premium Tools. A split-second later, things re-order and Lists moves up to between Geocaches and Trackables. I guess the Lists section is the only one that needs to be dynamic (due to the changing FP number), but I can't figure out why it would dynamically move like that. The less-than-ideal section ordering is one outstanding issue that hasn't been addressed yet, so maybe there's work underway to allow customization of the section ordering?

It's a relatively minor issue, but somehow I agree with you that it's kind of fun to follow. :laughing:

39 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Not positive, but I don't remember watchlist ever there.  :)

I think there may have been a link from the old Lists page, but it didn't carry over to the new one. That being said, a link has always been on the right side of the old profile page/dashboard.

listlinks.png