Error 404 DNF on cache creation pages

magpiecottage

I am getting "Error 404: DNF" and "Server Error in '/' Application" Runtime error on cache creation pages, the process failing intermittently at different points. Ultimately I have been trying to create a new cache for over an hour in different browsers and still not succeeded as it is failing at different points of the process. I have attached three screenshots (two taken with Google Chrome v72.0.3626.119, one with Firefox v65.0.1, on Win10 PC) showing the errors, time/date and URL of the next page in the "hide a cache" process that I was loading:

• Error 404 DNF on the planning and sizeratings pages
  • Server Error in '/' Application Runtime Error on loading the description page

Error 404 on planning page.png

Error 404 on sizeratings page.png

Runtime Error on description page.png

I, too, have been getting (seemngly) random 404 errors this afternoon and evening as I log caches and trackables, upload photos, and activate trackables.  I have used the browser's "back" arrow to take me back to the previous screen, (where my entered information is still intact, YAY!), and resubmitting HAS worked.  Until the latest, trying to upload a photo to a newly activated trackable as the "default" image on the TB page.  That has consistently given me nothing but the 404 error page just like in the screenshot by magpiecottage above.

I also saw the runtime error page-using the browser "back" button and resubmitting did work to accomplish whatever it was I was trying to do (save changes to a newly activated TB, I believe).  The only thing I have not been able to do is upload a photo to my newly activated TB page.  Maybe tomorrow?

This thread has been open for a week without any acknowledgement from the development team. It doesn't give me much confidence to report bugs.

Anyhow, I note today the website appears to be behaving while I create my new caches, so far so good.

Edited by magpiecottage
update comment
  • Upvote 1
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:51 PM, magpiecottage said:

This thread has been open for a week without any acknowledgement from the development team. It doesn't give me much confidence to report bugs.

That's their standard procedure. We've been assured that all posts in this sub-forum are read, but it's rare for them to publicly acknowledge issues. Typically, we'll only get an acknowledgement for the most critical of issues, like if the website is down or cache listings can't be viewed.

Diese Fehlermeldung 'ERROR 404: DNF' bekam ich auch beim Einloggen auf mein Account. Erst beim 2. Mal gelang ich auf meine Seite.

Jetzt habe ich Firefox deinstalliert und kompl. neu installiert und sihe da, es hat funktioniert.

Keine Fehlermeldung mehr.