Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
on4bam

Wherigo.com server error 503 again.

Hi,

Once again Wherigo.com is throwing up errors. I tried a few nearby cartridges but it seems the server needs a good kicking (again).

Error During Upload

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Wherigo.GSPCartridgeService.CartridgeService.GetCompiledCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String CartridgeFileName, String CartridgeId, Int64 PlayerId, String PlayerName, DeviceType deviceType, String CompletionCode) at cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

When you said you tried a few nearby cartridges, I think you mean you're trying to download something.  I tried to download about half a dozen cartridges, old and new, and was able to do so.  Perhaps it resolved itself?

3 minutes ago, Ranger Fox said:

Perhaps it resolved itself?

Looks like it. Download worked now. Maybe someone "switched it off and on again"?

Every day or every hour I got an 503 "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable." error :(

And when I browse to another cartridge I must every time fill in my credentials.

The problem will not be solved when I delete the cookies.

It's not funny anymore! I got more 503 pages when I browsing/downloaded or even fill in mine credentials (again)

I need to update one of my cartridges and I can't even login anymore. When will this be finally fixed?

Trying to download a cartridge but again....

An Error Has Occurred

Your request has resulted in an error. Please return to this site's home page to continue.

I'm getting these Error 503 messages pretty much n a daily basis with a cycle of signing in and being kicked out but never getting anywhere. The website is becoming unusable.

This might be a time to hammer Groundspeak's support email.  If anyone ever needed my blessing, have at it.

I see it as well.  It looks to be tied directly to the login process. 

Posted (edited)

i managed to dl a cartridge last week directly on my phone, but now I wanted to upload the successcode, I get the same errors as above... Any ideas?

image.png.4edbe1d3ae256054e4459802b021caa6.png

Edited by Vidfamne

23 minutes ago, Vidfamne said:

i managed to dl a cartridge last week directly on my phone, but now I wanted to upload the successcode, I get the same errors as above... Any ideas?

i have been getting the exact same thing for the last couple of months... just keep going back to the page over and over... after a while it works for me

36 minutes ago, Vidfamne said:

I suggest you manually input the code on the cartridge page, assuming you can eventually get to the cartridge page.  

It was like that all weekend.  There's an email address I can use to send outage information, but the last time I used it, I was told not downloading a cartridge isn't the same as an outage and I should use some other email address.  (In my opinion, not being able to download a cartridge is still an outage.)