Protocol when TB is stolen in transit

Ageleni

Yesterday, while I was out geocaching, my vehicle was stolen.  (A moment of silence.  Okay, ready to continue.)  While there is a possibility that I will get it back, that possibility grows narrower as each hour passes, and I am facing the reality that I may never see my van or its contents again.  Two TBs were in the van.  What is the protocol for this situation?  I had every intention of continuing their journeys, but now I cannot.  I don't want the owners to think I took them and never moved them along.  Should I post a log on each TB's page saying that it was stolen from me and might never be logged again?  Or is there something else that I should appropriately do?

• Upvote 1

I'd simply leave a Write Note on any trackables that might have been in your vehicle,  explaining your vehicle was stolen and it's possible the trackables won't be in play if not returned with it.  

I'm sure most would understand a situation like this is out of anyone's control...  

Nice of you to ask, when you really have bigger issues right now.  Good luck in getting the van back.   :)

• Upvote 4