Logscaler hits 600

sskamp

icon_razz.gif Now then Lazyboy, who was pretending to be home "sick" so they would not have to go have pizza ? icon_razz.gif

I drove for four hours and about 350 miles and passed up a box full of caches to meet you and have some pizza in K. Falls at YOUR party.

You did not show up.

How was I to know you would be at this one or not.

As I do not know if my heart could have handled Two major disappointments in one month, I stayed up here.

But I also noticed you went through town a short while back and left nothing in any garbage bags either.

What gives?

I was waiting for the other locals to freak out over the K.F. style hide.

logscaler.

quote:
Now then Lazyboy, who was pretending to be home "sick" so they would not have to go have pizza ?

There's the pot calling the kettle black. I'm guilty as charged.

quote:
But I also noticed you went through town a short while back and left nothing in any garbage bags either.

Again guilty. It was a quickie trip up to Baker and I honestly didn't have the time. But I plan to visit up there this summer for a day or two and will hide a Klamath style cache. After my buddy Snazz told me he'd never do one of my caches I'm thinking about naming it Bet Snazz Can't Stay Away does that nave a nice ring to it?

IT's snowing today. What's the deal with that. I'm so glad we are heading for maui next month. Ive got the cache pages all printed out and we're ready to go.

I like the name very much and I will go hunt it.

As for Maui, let me know how things go.

Red and I will be having our 3oth anni next year and we are thinking about heading that way.

Neither one of us has been in a jet or to Hawaii but we just wonder if the trip is worth the cost.

As for the snow.

Deal with it or move. What else can you do ?

Living in Butte Falls, I would expect that you have seen a couple real bad winters so these winters like we have been having should be a piece of cake.

You could wimp out and move to K. Falls or Medford with the rest of the yuppies. Or come up here to Bend and help me harrash the locals.

logscaler.

Yes hawaii is worth it. But Oahu is more yuppie like, beautiful, but lots of people. I love Maui. We are spending 6 weeks there this time. The island is bigger than Oahu with only 10% of the population. The move to maui should happen in 2005 at the very latest. I'm retired and living with cold winters isn't the best idea I've had.

No one really lives in Klamath or Medford. They just get by. Our winters have been mild for certain. A couple of years ago we got cold, 20 below and it stayed that way for 10 days.

We are married 28 years this June. For 30 I'm pretty sure we'll be living on Maui.

Oh that cache I'll place in Bend? Don't worry, I use hefty bags.

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy & Mitey Oh that cache I'll place in Bend? Don't worry, I use hefty bags.

Its really not the bags that bother me. icon_smile.gif We just have a difference of opinion about quantity vs. quality. That's okay, people are allowed to disagree, right? icon_biggrin.gif

I'm tired of pretending to hate you, its not as much fun as it used to be. icon_razz.gif

Seriously though, if you hide in the lava rock out here, you might want to consider not wrapping in a plastic bag. The plastic bag lava rock caches that I've found out here had become pretty torn up. If you don't hide in the lava, its a totally different story. But for the rock, a plain old ammo can seems to work best. Even the mighty Official Sticker gets scratched up nastily.

Anyway, just a suggestion. icon_wink.gif

OH come on Snazz, I know you don't pretend to hate me. OK, give me the coodinates to your driveway. You don't have a lot of lava in your driveway right? I'll hide the dare cache there.

I don't much care about numbers. But when you'd nailed all the caches close to home it's nice to see a new one pop up. Even if it's black plastic bag hidden in a dumpster I'm there. I still get out of the house and get to play with the gps.

I'll repeat myself here. The only caches I've ever really disliked are the ones I can't find.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

Seriously though, if you hide in the lava rock out here, you might want to consider not wrapping in a plastic bag. The plastic bag lava rock caches that I've found out here had become pretty torn up. If you don't hide in the lava, its a totally different story.

We've taken a couple of weekend trips to the Redmond area to do caches. Just two were wrapped in black bags but which were practically torn to shreds. Can't remember if they were in lava or not. Not all rocks around there are igneous, are they?

Snazz: How do we *know* that's your driveway, and when is the party!?! icon_wink.gif

--laurak of dasein

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!