Profile > Recently viewed caches > suddenly appear never viewed geocaches in the list

Team WECA

About half an hour ago i logged in, into geocaching.com website, to view some geocaches for someone else. Helped that person, closed the browser tab on my computer.

Minutes later, i open, within the same browser, a new tab, and again the geocaching.com website (where i am still logged in).

What surprises me: on the /my page, i immediately see strange geocaches, in the top 5 recently viewed list..... I haven't openend them in the time between, also not on my app. 

I called my parents, maybe they viewed them, what i don't expect (it's not our neighbourhood/hometown area, and they are not planning a holiday in the area (3 provinces in our country)). Answer: i haven't visited the website/app.

So i wonder: how is it possible that i see geocaches in the recently viewed list, which my account never "touched"??

Bug in website/database/session handling?

Did you click on caches/links while talking with others on faceboook or other site?

The other 2/3rds has that when looking at trackables. She'll look at the cache it supposed to be in from the logs on a trackable's page, then forgets about it. 

I get them all the time, when others in these forums provide links to caches referred to (and luckily remembered where I saw them). ;)

- If they'd warn when they're pmo too I'd be happier...

Curious to see if it's possible to be on Recently Viewed without clicking on them from an account too. 

We experienced similar maybe two years ago.  Went nuts trying to figure how that's even possible...   

- Turned out a relative forgot their password to their account,  remembered our password from a separate account while learning the hobby with us, and used it for coords to a couple caches.

We would have figured that if someone logged a find, but they phoned us that it was them.    :)

26 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Curious to see if it's possible to be on Recently Viewed without clicking on them from an account too

It is definitely possible for a cache to end up on the Recently Viewed list if you are a C:Geo user, where panning the map will cause it to "view" the caches as it pulls in the cache details.

I'm also pretty sure that if you use facebook on the same PC where you are still logged into geocaching.com and someone has pasted a link to a cache then when you view that facebook post that cache will end up on your recently viewed list without you needing to click on the link. At least that was the case a few years ago.

3 hours ago, MartyBartfast said:

I'm also pretty sure that if you use facebook on the same PC where you are still logged into geocaching.com and someone has pasted a link to a cache then when you view that facebook post that cache will end up on your recently viewed list without you needing to click on the link. At least that was the case a few years ago.

Wasn't sure, guess it's similar to when pictures are posted in the forums, and you get a "s3.amazonaws.com" tab from some ?

- That happens almost daily in Off Topic...