ETrex-20x Newbie Somewhat Lost

BigOpe

Old Etrex-H finally contracted a probably incurable E-disease so took the plunge and bought a new out-of-the-box Etrex-20x.  Okay in general, have figured out enough to go find a cache today, but the buttonology is challenging.  Frequently getting messages "Change Item Order" or words to that effect, would love to organize some of the menus so my stuff is at the top, but nothing I do after that message seems to do anything at all.  Other messages say "Show all, Delete all, or Reset to Factory" or "No Options," (again, words to that effect), and I always chicken out because I'm afraid I'll do something I didn't mean to.

Bottom line, seems to have lots of neat stuff I might want to take advantage of, but the buttonology is not clear.  Old Etrex-H had one button to scroll through menus, one set of up/down buttons to pick desired item from selected menu, and a "GO!" button to make it happen.  Does not seem to be the case with the -20x, but this is Day One.  

So my question, is there a GOOD manual for the Etrex 20x that doesn't require me to install a bunch of spamware on my computer to unzip files, etc.?  The Quick Start menu out of the box is nearly worthless, and everyone else I found on line peddling the apparently same 60-page manual wanted me to first install some other executable.

One bit of good news, was able to download a couple dozen caches from EasyGPS, in case anybody is still using that bare-bones geocaching software.  Beats manual entry.

40 minutes ago, BigOpe said:

So my question, is there a GOOD manual for the Etrex 20x that doesn't require me to install a bunch of spamware on my computer to unzip files, etc.?

The manual from Garmin is here: https://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/manuals.htm?partNo=010-01508-05&language=en&country=GB

It's just a pdf file that you can open with Adobe Reader, a free non-spammy program from Adobe that may already be on your computer.  If not you can get it free from Adobe .

I presume you have Garmin Express installed? If so you can make up cache lists and use GC Send to Garmin feature. Or, load Pocket Queries as you are a Premium Member. Instructions for this can be found elsewhere in this forum. Someone may have a link.

I have a 20x but have never rearranged the menu order nor have I ever seen the Change Order message. I use mine pretty much as it came out of the box (along with other 20s that I have lost and replaced). I also have used GSAK from the start 7 years ago for loading caches.

With little practise you will soon get used to your new device. I can use mine one handed, no problem, which can be handy (pun intended).