Forestry Commission in East Wiltshire

Team Bean UK

Hello all, sorry if this has been asked before but I've been searching the forums and Googling all morning with no result! I want to place caches in my local Forestry Commission wood which is Collingbourne Woods in East Wiltshire. There are already loads of caches so I know it's allowed, but I can't find the land agreement or whether I need to contact FC directly for each cache I wish to place. Can anyone help with:

a) linky to a land agreement saying conditions for caches in this particular wood (Ludgershall, Wiltshire)

b) which FC area covers it? Seems to be in a blank area between the South West and South East regions

c) contact for FC person of interest if this is relevant? I have emailed one bloke but not heard back.

TIA! 

Neither of the above links really seem to be a good answer, partly because I can't decide exactly which FC region Wiltshire comes under! he FC having changed their website totally doesn't help either.

I think this page is the one you need: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/forestry-commission/about/access-and-opening

I found it easiest to search the page for Wiltshire, and it appears you're part of the south-west, but there are two people in charge of things (or it might be that it comes under the chap who deals with West Berkshire and North Hampshire, given how close it is to the border there). It doesn't look like you're covered by the agreement for the Peninsula District, which is inconvenient. Most of Berkshire, fwiw, is covered by the East of England agreement it seems.

Sorry I can't be of more use - I guess try e-mailing the FC people and see what happens!

Thank you, Blue Square Thing - that link seemed to be what I was missing! There are two woodland officers that cover Wiltshire, so I have emailed them both as well as the regional office contact. If I get an answer I will make sure I post it here! 

I also contacted a fellow local geocacher who has a large series in the same woods, but they said they had to complete a form with coords of all caches and send to FC for pre-approval, and this needs renewing every year! No small task as their series is about 40 long! Hopefully I'll be able to release some new ones soon as these woods are gorgeous and deserve some more caches!

• Upvote 2