Idea for hide?

dairy_milk

Hi!

So I think, a long time back, I read something about a cache inside a commercial premises, shop maybe? Where you basically had to go in and ask for "Mr Tree"  or something, and they would present you with the container/log book.

Two main questions really:

Did I make this up in my head? Was it ever a thing?

And more importantly, is this against the rules? I have read through the hide rules and cant see anything on or around this topic? The only thing I can see is "Caches cannot require geocachers to contact the cache owner or anyone else" which i'm guessing this might fall under? But not 100% if that isn't to stop a "ring me and I will tell you" type situation?

Thanks in advance, hopefully some thoughts?

Please see the section of the Cache Listing Guidelines called "No Commercial Content," which reads as follows.  See the boldfacing that I added.

"No commercial content

Cache pages perceived as commercial will not be published. Commercial content includes any of the following characteristics

• Overtones of advertising, marketing, or promotion
  • Suggests or requires the finder do any of the following
    • Go inside a business
    • Interact with employees
    • Purchase a product or service
  • Name, links, or logos of the following
    • Businesses
    • Commercial products
    • Competing games or cache listing services
  • Links or logos of agencies and organizations (including nonprofit organizations), unless needed for permission"

On 2/20/2019 at 11:47 AM, dairy_milk said:

Did I make this up in my head? Was it ever a thing?

Your not going mad , it was a thing if you like to call it a thing ,

I have found a cache located inside the  Tourist information   bureau   .....

the cache most probably has been there a long time , and was placed before the rule was writen ..

the cache was nice and dry , but it didn't stop the trackable inventory being messed up ,three TB's listed , none were in the cache and it had been that way for months looking back to see when they'd been left