GSAK Geocaching Tom Tom gpsr

TeddyR

I have been away from caching for a while and not totally tech savy. I was given a Tom Tom GPSr -- not even sure of the model just a Tom Tom__for my car and was wanting to send a pocket Queery to it, but not seeing an option for a Tom Tom. Is there another  known/similiar gps that I can mark that will send the caches to the tom tom? 

I no longer have a TT but I used to export caches as POI to it from GSAK. A few year ago I got a Nuvi because it's easier to transfer caches (there's a great macro for GSAK) AND it allows me to use OSM maps when we go on holiday.

You can always ask more info on the GSAK forums.

On 2/18/2019 at 9:31 PM, on4bam said:

I no longer have a TT but I used to export caches as POI to it from GSAK. A few year ago I got a Nuvi because it's easier to transfer caches (there's a great macro for GSAK) AND it allows me to use OSM maps when we go on holiday.

You can always ask more info on the GSAK forums.

Good Answer, at least your reply is relevant to the question.  Thank you.

On 2/18/2019 at 4:46 PM, TeddyR said:

I have been away from caching for a while and not totally tech savy. I was given a Tom Tom GPSr -- not even sure of the model just a Tom Tom__for my car and was wanting to send a pocket Queery to it, but not seeing an option for a Tom Tom. Is there another  known/similiar gps that I can mark that will send the caches to the tom tom? 

That's how we cache, so you're in good shape.

GSAK is able to Export an *.ov2 (POI) file for TomTom.  You'll find that under File/Export, the last entry in the list.

How you move the *.ov2 file to your TomTom varies depending upon its age.  If you can provide the first two characters of the serial number, I can advise as to which model you own and how to move the *.ov2 file to the device.