Hide a cache map not showing letterboxes

jallwork

23 minutes ago, Touchstone said:

Most of the LBH caches in my area are NOT at the posted coordinates, so my guess is that they are treated like Puzzle/Multi/Wherigo cache types on the planning maps.

I think it would be a good compromise if the saturation map showed caches for which I have entered solved coordinates. This wouldn't help for caches with multiple physical stages with hidden coordinates, but it would help with most multi-caches, mystery/puzzle caches, Wherigo caches, and LBH caches.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
17 hours ago, niraD said:

I think it would be a good compromise if the saturation map showed caches for which I have entered solved coordinates. This wouldn't help for caches with multiple physical stages with hidden coordinates, but it would help with most multi-caches, mystery/puzzle caches, Wherigo caches, and LBH caches.

That makes a lot of sense.    It would add a bit of overhead though as the system would have to check every cache that it might potentially display to see if it has corrected coordinates in your profile.  

I'd go for planning map displaying any cache that has posted coords as Physical. That would be most Challenges in the Mystery category, some other Mystery, some LBH, and some Multi.  Currently it shows Trads and Multis with physical posted coords, not LBH or Mystery.    At first it was Trads only.  

There are old listings that predate the 'physical' 'virtual' indicator on posted coords. You'd have to assume virtual I think where not indicated, and hide those.  Gets tricky, which may be why it hasn't happened.

I doubt show any cache where the user has corrected coords would happen.  For one thing, they'd need to be right,  which they might not be  ;-) and people are using that module for Trads, which while it may be correct to cache's actual location, isn't how saturation is going to work on the site -  and it adds a overhead, per NYPaddleCachers post. If you've figured them out, then figure out not to put another cache near them ;-)

Edited by Isonzo Karst