2019 Fantasy Auto Racing Geocoin League

PaRacers

PaRacers -

I emailed mauison a week ago, no answer.  I emailed you a few days ago, no answer.

So I started a league this past weekend.  Anybody who wants to can join.  When I see mattycakes at work tomorrow, he'll be in.  But that just makes the 2 of us.

For those who are not familiar, the fantasy racing league runs with the Nascar Monster Cup Series.  Anyone can join.  You pick your drivers every week on the fantasy game website.  It is free to join the website.  We usually send a new, unactivated, full size geocoin to the commissioner to enter.  That's me, unless mauison starts a league.  Who ever wins the fantasy league in this group gets all the coins, unless there's enough entries to break it up fairly.  If we get seven entries, the winner will get 4, second place gets 2, and third place gets 1.  And so on.  The more the merrier.  I must have your entry coin by the 6th race or you are ineligible to win coins at the end.  But you can still join without a coin.

PaRacer, if you join and it's just the 3 of us, I'll go on the honor system for the coins because I can trust you and mattycakes to send your coins at the end if necessary.  And I think you can trust me and mattycakes.  Your old username is good on the new website.  You will need to reset your password.  The old website will redirect you to the new one.  Send an email to my profile email and I'll send you the league ID and password.

Everyone else who is new, send an email to my profile email and I'll send you the link to the new site and the ID and password.  And my snail mail address if you wish to send a coin.

Good luck everyone.  It should be a good Nascar season.

Email sent. I hope to get more people, it's really fun and it only costs a geocoin to play. A few years ago I was kind of losing interest in Nascar and not even paying attention to where that weeks race was being run. But with the Fantasy League, you make driver picks every week who you think may do well. Not necessarily who you want to win, but who you think will win. It could depend on the track configuration, how a driver did last year, there are even "expert pics" that may help. There's no sure fire way to know who will do well. I was pretty lucky last year, but the name of my team is "Kiss of Death" because there for a while, whenever I picked a driver it was like he was cursed! The nice thing about it, anyone can get lucky and pick a winner. The secret is to be consistent and strategy does play a part. So join us for  the fun of it, there's been some great racing  (between teams) the last couple of seasons. 

Hi guys, sorry I didn't answer my email.  I rarely check my geocaching email anymore (guess I should).  I actually did renew the league but didn't have the time to peruse the new setup (busy with the start of tax season and the new NASCAR season just crept up on me).  Let me know if you want to use my league or the new one you setup.  Thanks!

The 2019 Fantasy NASCAR Geocoin League is up and running.  If anyone would like to join here's the info:

League ID: 734

Password: 2019geocoin

If you'd like to join, please post here with your geocaching name and the name you'll be using for Fantasy NASCAR.

See the rules posted by slowdownracer above and let me know if you have any questions.

Slowdownracer, mattycakes, and PARacers are all entered in the league and we'd love to have a few more competitors.  Thanks!

The 2020 Fantasy NASCAR Geocoin League is up and running.  If anyone would like to join here's the info:

League ID: 734

Password: 2020geocoin

If you'd like to join, please post here with your geocaching name and the name you'll be using for Fantasy NASCAR.

See the rules posted by slowdownracer above and let me know if you have any questions.

Slowdownracer, mattycakes, and PARacers are all entered in the league and we'd love to have a few more competitors.  Thanks!