Geocaching Event Calendar page sort is out of order

Great Scott!

Agree with this post.  Can this please be changed back to the original sort order? Or at least give us the option to sort it that way?  Currently it is very confusing to find all the events in your home state because they are all jumbled up.  What IS the current sort order anyway?  Is it based on time?  That is of secondary importance to me.  I would first like an easy way to see the events in order by country/state then look at the event times. Or better yet, why not add the times to this listing and go back to the original sort order which made much more sense. It looks like there is plenty of room to do so.

On 2/15/2019 at 6:53 AM, noncentric said:

Yikes.  This is unfortunate.

I enjoyed having the Calendar page available when looking for current events on mobile, since the Event Widget doesn't appear on mobile.  The loss of the geographic sort makes the page almost impossible to use now.

What a hoot, Australia here I come or maybe Austria. Go to the top of the useless features list, they seem to be sorted in alphabetic country order!!!

15 hours ago, lodgebarn said:

What a hoot, Australia here I come or maybe Austria. Go to the top of the useless features list, they seem to be sorted in alphabetic country order!!!

The page used to be sorted by:

• non-US Countries, sorted alphabetically
  • US states, sorted alphabetically

That is no how it's sorted now.  It is NOT "sorted in alphabetic country order" - which is evident if you scroll down a bit.

The Events Calendar page shows Event Caches sorted by date and time, then country and region.

Before we added the events time feature, all events were treated in the database as if they were happening at the same time - so they appeared to be sorted by only country and region.

As we have added new ways to find Event caches, we no longer actively support the Events Calendar page. To find events in your area or in a specific region, we recommend the following options:

• Event calendar widget: The dashboard provides a calendar widget that shows upcoming events near your home location. Click the gear icon to adjust the radius in which you would like to see nearby events.

• Filter and sort on the new map: On the new map, filter for Event Caches. You can then sort all events by placed date (old to new) to see upcoming events. Optionally, you can further restrict your search to see all events in one region.
  • Helpful 1
On 2/20/2019 at 2:59 PM, nykkole said:

As we have added new ways to find Event caches, we no longer actively support the Events Calendar page. To find events in your area or in a specific region, we recommend the following options:

• Event calendar widget: The dashboard provides a calendar widget that shows upcoming events near your home location. Click the gear icon to adjust the radius in which you would like to see nearby events.

• Filter and sort on the new map: On the new map, filter for Event Caches. You can then sort all events by placed date (old to new) to see upcoming events. Optionally, you can further restrict your search to see all events in one region.

Is there a plan to have the calendar widget be visible when viewing the Dashboard page on mobile?  Currently, only the left column of the Dashboard appears when viewed on mobile.  The Calendar page was quite effective to find upcoming events when using mobile. It's too bad that functionality no longer exists.

The Event Calender page is virtually unusable anyway as there are far too many events listed.
I created this Tamper Monkey script which I have been using for a while which allows me to filter out countries/states I'm not interested in
It would be handy if this sort of thing could be added to the website officially.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/19388-gc-event-calendar-filter

came to the forums to see if the events calendar page was going to be fixed and learning its not.  When traveling across the US, it was so easy to see if there were any events in the area I'm traveling through on any given day quickly.  Now, not so.  So many more steps to take and so hard to find events past 100 miles from home using the described method above.  I'm not sure why so many of the ways I used the website to cache are being changed so much.  I am struggling with all the changes and trying to figure out how to do things I used to know how to do quickly.  

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1

Used to go to https://www.geocaching.com/local/default.aspx?state_id=28 to see all the events & new caches in my state (Nebraska), but now I'm spending 30 min trying to find what used to take only one click to find.  And even with that, I'm not seeing all the things this ONE page used to have.  Please please please put these links directly to each state's events back in place! Whenever I switched to say Iowa or South Dakota to look, it again was only one click per state. 

9 hours ago, J&LA said:

All I wanted to do was see if there were any events going on in Omaha or Lincoln today.  Now, I've spent 20 minutes looking and STILL have no friggin idea if there is anything.  Not worth the hassle.

On the Search page, enter the state name, then click Filters. deselect all cache types except Events.

Try this page Nebraska Event Search