Solved puzzle cache doesn't show up in new location

strek2

I am running the GC App version 7.4.0 on an Android 8.0.0.  I solved a puzzle cache and entered the solved coordinates on the web site.  On the web site it show it on the map in its corrected location which is a little over 20 miles away. This cache was created prior to the half mile limit.  On the app, when I am in the area of the posted coordinates and wait for all the caches to show up, then zoom out to go to the posted coordinates, I see the cache briefly and then when I zoom in at that location, the cache disappears. When I try the same thing with Geooh Live, it does the same thing.  c:geo works fine.  Since c:geo uses a screen scrape (not the API) and the others use the API, its probably an API thing or picking up the wrong data from the API.  

Any thoughts?

I've seen something similar in the official app - app v 7.4.0 on Android 8.0.0

I don't know if it's any different in other apps, as I haven't tested.

What I'm seeing is that if there's a large distance between the posted coords and the solved coords, then the icon doesn't show at the solved coords unless I am zoomed out far enough that the posted coords are included on the screen.

If I have the caches in a List and then go  "Lists  -->  Map view"  then the puzzle piece icons show on the map at the solved locations.