Sign in to follow this  
Followers 17
TwistedCube

Adventure Lab Caches

26 minutes ago, arisoft said:

Wishful thinking

Not really wishful, I don't like them and don't wish to see more of them unless they change.

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1

On 2/27/2019 at 12:13 AM, Frau Potter said:

In the Geocache hiding guidelines, we link to this Help Center article about Lab Caches.

Yesterday (February 25, 2019) we updated the text in to clarify the rules for logging Adventure Labs. The text says, “To log a Lab Cache, finders are required to visit the location, discover the find code, and then enter the code to mark the cache as found.” This language is similar to what we have added to the guidelines for physical caches and Event Caches over the past few years.

We have received feedback from past and current Adventure creators that they are very frustrated with users who log their experience, but have not visited the Locations they set up. With the most recent launch to geocaching organizations and opt-in participants, we felt that it was a good time to clarify the expectations. There are no plans to punish geocachers for past “couch logging” of Lab Caches. However, we may take disciplinary action against accounts if the behavior continues in the future.

How does this disciplinary action take place 
Does the CO have to report the fake finders - I have just had an adventure lab go live and the first 4 finders are all from their 'armchairs' - though one has since deleted their 'finds'  
In addition - can a CO delete adventure lab logs just as they can on GC 

and finally - as mentioned there are 4 finders of my Adventure lab totalling 7 locations (as per the stats page) (1 finder finding 4 locations, 3 finders finding 1 location each)  - one finder (the one finding 4 locations) has deleted their finds, which should take the log count down to 3, however the stats page still shows 7 finds - why hasn't the deletions been reflected in the stats ?

On 3/14/2019 at 1:21 AM, Hockeyhick said:

None of this would be necessary if people didn't cheat.

Our Lab Adventure has been one of those abused by the spoofers and cheaters sharing the codes with other spoofer/cheaters and to put it plainly, it pisses me off. 

There has only been ONE legitimate find of all of the labs among over 500 cheaters. 

And yes, there is no other word for who they are. No amount of conversational jargon can justify it. They cheat. 

And if I had the ability, I would delete each and every one of their lying, cheatings finds. 

Life is more than just a number...and that number doesn't even come close to the adventure that they missed out on.

Kudos to HQ at looking into this matter. 

Has HQ looked into this and changed anything ?
I received a new ad lab only recently and have just made it live, end of July 2019, so that's 4 months down the road - the first 4 'finders' have all cheated and seeing the stats from yours above - I doubt that'll end there 

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2019 at 4:00 AM, Deepdiggingmole said:

How does this disciplinary action take place 
Does the CO have to report the fake finders - I have just had an adventure lab go live and the first 4 finders are all from their 'armchairs' - though one has since deleted their 'finds'  
In addition - can a CO delete adventure lab logs just as they can on GC 

and finally - as mentioned there are 4 finders of my Adventure lab totalling 7 locations (as per the stats page) (1 finder finding 4 locations, 3 finders finding 1 location each)  - one finder (the one finding 4 locations) has deleted their finds, which should take the log count down to 3, however the stats page still shows 7 finds - why hasn't the deletions been reflected in the stats ?

Hello - If you would like to report the users who you believe were couch logging your Adventure Lab, please use the email form in the Help Center: https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php

• Helpful 4

OK 

So I discover the program is not efficient in dealing with deleted logs - any deleted logs whether by the 'finder' or ANother (such as HQ) dont get dropped from the Stats page, (viewable by the CO) - in the words of HQ " there is no way to "unplay" an adventure at this point." - I have managed to get all 4 fake loggers to delete their logs - I am taking their word for it and I am quite happy they have done this, but this is not something the stats can verify - which is a shame as the genuine FTF cachers are not given that accolade due to the previous fake logs