Feature Request: Integrate 3rd party statistics into users profile

NYPaddleCacher

Mygeocachingprofile.com,  the GSAK stats generation Macro, and project-gc all provide much more robust statistics than are available on the geocaching.com Statistics page.  Not only are more statistics available, but the detail of the maps, support for "counties", and integration with some challenges (e.g. Fizzy, Jasmer) are available.   These sites also provide the ability of users to customize their statistics (for example, I don't care to see which counties different states where I've found a cache), something not available on the GS Statistics page.

Consider providing a page on the GS profile management/editing pages which allows one to select one of these three partners (or none) to provide content for the statistics tab.  Currently many users already use one of those three sites for managing their stats,  and then include some boilerplate HTML on the main tab of their profile (the Bio section).  Instead,  if a user on the GS site merely selected which of these sites they wanted to use, the GS site could just generate the HTML used to render the stats on the Statistics tab.  That way, the GS user can choose where they manage statistics, and have them appear on the Statistics tab instead of on the Bio page, and GS doesn't have to support the code it's currently using for the Statistics tab.  

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, niraD said:

It would be nice to have all these stats and badges on a Statistics subpage, so the profile can be used for profile information.

Agreed.

I used to like reading what folks said on their profiles about themselves, even some ramblings.   :)

Scrolling (some taking a long time to load...) down some stat thing I could care less about doesn't seem much like a "profile" (to me) .

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
13 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

Agreed.

I used to like reading what folks said on their profiles about themselves, even some ramblings.   :)

Scrolling (some taking a long time to load...) down some stat thing I could care less about doesn't seem much like a "profile" (to me) .

Taking the feature request further, add a Badges and Achievements tab that is user editable so that badges from badgegen and other achievement icons that people are commonly used in Europe (especially in the UK) can be put there.  I agree about leaving the Profile tab for user profile information.    The reason some many profile pages have stats on them is that it's the only tab that is user editable.

• Upvote 2

I have done literally nothing to my profile tab on Geocaching.com.  I enjoy looking through the various options and stats on the partner sites, and have seen profiles that do have these additional stats shown.  Profile tabs for Bio (written by the cacher, sharing what he or she chooses to share), then stats, then badges/souvenirs/achievements earned - makes a lot of sense to me!  And all customizable, letting us share as much or as little as we choose.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1