GPSMAP 66 et GeocachePhotos

ddl49

Hello
I just acquired a GPSMAP 66 after having a 60S. I can not see the photos of geocaching spoilers anymore in the description of the caches. The image folder is in the GPS firware. I use GSAK to transfer these data. 
Anyone have I had this problem?

Thank you for your answers

Edited by ddl49
  • Surprised 1

As far as I know, it does. With iCaching, you can select a set of caches and download images from a menu option. You get only the images uploaded by the Cache Owner, not user-submitted images attached to logs. 

There is then an option to load cache images to the GPS, and they get put in the right place to be associated with the cache.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, ddl49 said:

Hello
I just acquired a GPSMAP 66 after having a 60S. I can not see the photos of geocaching spoilers anymore in the description of the caches. The image folder is in the GPS firware. I use GSAK to transfer these data. 

Anyone have I had this problem?

Thank you for your answers

So back to the original question.  As there is a way.  How are you getting the caches and photos onto the GPS?  How are you modifying the caches to contain the links to the photos?

It probably would be easier to ask on the GSAK forums.

Has anyone written a GSAK macro that does it all using the API?  I had a bit of a look, but it still looked like it worked the old way.  Use one program to scrape the site and another to work them into the GPX and onto the GPS.  If they can be accessed via API, it should all work within a macro. Really, it could all be an option within GSAK.

1 hour ago, Red90 said:

Has anyone written a GSAK macro that does it all using the API?  I had a bit of a look, but it still looked like it worked the old way.  Use one program to scrape the site and another to work them into the GPX and onto the GPS.  If they can be accessed via API, it should all work within a macro. Really, it could all be an option within GSAK.

Yes, but if the GPSr does not support the feature, having the images in the unique folder structure on the device is pointless.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, rgschmidt said:
  • Select a geocache from list geocaches
  • In map Select Go
  • Go back to geocaches, description page is displayed
  • Select Hint

I can duplicate this with one small change to your procedure:

• Select a geocache from list geocaches
  • In map Select Go
  • Go back to geocaches, description page is displayed
  • Select Logs