Guadeloupe country flag is wrong

Pihoqahiak

I just came back from Guadeloupe and found a bunch of caches there as well. While browsing through my stats (Your Statistics -> Maps) I noticed that the wrong flag is showing for Guadeloupe. I know that Guadeloupe, like Martinique, is not an independent nation, but an overseas territory of France. Therefore, their official flag should be similar to the French flag. But this is not my point. I see that with all non-independent countries/territories, Geocaching chooses to depict the local, unofficial flag (which is great in my opinion!). But the flag showing for Guadeloupe is neither the official nor the local unofficial flag, but a third (proposed) variant that isn't used anywhere on the island (as far as I have seen). A quick check on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Guadeloupe) explains it all. Can this be fixed?

And just a side question: why is there no map in my stats showing the countries for North (and Central) America, like it does for Africa, Europe, Asia, Oceania, etc.?

Edited by Pihoqahiak
1 hour ago, Pihoqahiak said:

And just a side question: why is there no map in my stats showing the countries for North (and Central) America, like it does for Africa, Europe, Asia, Oceania, etc.?

Interesting question instead of North America there are seperate maps for the United States and Canada. There is a map for South America, which will appear when you have found caches in any of the countries there.  It is strange there isn't a map of North America, but instead of this continent just seperate ones for USA and Canada, excluding many countries.

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, irisisleuk said:

Interesting question instead of North America there are seperate maps for the United States and Canada. There is a map for South America, which will appear when you have found caches in any of the countries there.  It is strange there isn't a map of North America, but instead of this continent just seperate ones for USA and Canada, excluding many countries.

The map for Asia is also not very useful as it's the same as the world map, though the "Caches you have found in Asia" only highlights countries in Asia even though it uses the same map.  

The maps on project-gc (https://project-gc.com/Profile/ProfileStats#Maps) are much better for showing countries in which one has found a cache in the Caribbean and Asia.

11 minutes ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

The map for Asia is also not very useful as it's the same as the world map, though the "Caches you have found in Asia" only highlights countries in Asia even though it uses the same map. 

Didn't even notice that before! Sloppy job, Groundspeak!

48 minutes ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

My only finds in Asia were in the Maldives.  You'd do well to spot them on a map of the Indian Ocean!

9 hours ago, Pihoqahiak said:

I see that with all non-independent countries/territories, Geocaching chooses to depict the local, unofficial flag (which is great in my opinion!).

I just noticed that the flags of St. Martin, Reunion and French Guiana are similar to the French flag, while for Martinique, Mayotte and the French Southern and Antarctic Territories they use the unofficial flag. Very inconsistent...

Edited by Pihoqahiak