Which category for this?

tyzack4

I would like to create a waymark for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarajevo_Tunnel, because we have been there and it was IMHO a very interesting museum. Now, which category would fit best?

At first I thought "War and Military Museums", but the description says "The Museum posted must contain the name "War" or "Military" in its title.". On the other hand I also see several waymarks in that category without War or Military in their name. So, should I give it a try?

Specific Wars Monuments and Memorials might be ok, but it's a museum, not just a memorial.

Any other ideas?

The obvious first choice, to me, is History Museums, as it contains historical items pertaining to the Bosnian War.

History need not be 100 or 1,000 years past - yesterday is history.

I'll look further for another possible fit. This looks to have the makings for a good Waymark!!

AAMOF, as a potentially "landmark" event and location with regard to the breakup of Yugoslavia, this site presents you with the opportunity of creating one or more truly great historically oriented Waymarks. Go for it, Andreas!!! You can do it!!!

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII

Given its recent popularity as a tourist attraction, Official Local Tourism Attractions comes to mind.

Here's the tourism link for the museum.

"Many guided tours in Sarajevo include the Tunnel Museum as one of the war sites most worth visiting in the city."

(From the Wiki)

There's a good chance that, within Bosnia and Herzegovina, it may rate as a First of its Kind and/or even a Last of its Kind.

It was, after all, created in a quite unusual situation within unusual circumstances.

Supporting documentation for these, however, may be difficult to provide.

And, just because I would always check for this possibility, here's a New York Times article which may be made to fit into News Article Locations.

If you have pix of the tunnel itself this is a sure thing.

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
addition of quote

Wow, so many great ideas. Thank you all. I think I will start with War and Military Museums, because for me it's the perfect spot to learn what it means to live in a war area. I saw the movie that they show in a separate room and walked through the short part of the tunnel that still exists. The whole visit had a feeling of oppression (if that is the right term for what it felt like).

My first waymark for the Tunnel Museum was accepted in the War and Military Museums category.

Edited by PISA-caching
15 minutes ago, elyob said:

Why denied?

It was not submitted to Grand Openings category, as it is dedicated by the City of Trail, Mayor and councillors and not by a person.

"To qualify to be submitted in this category the plaque must say that the location was opened/inaugurated by someone (a person)."

36 minutes ago, vulture1957 said:

"Officially Opened on December 15, 2016 By:

City of Trail  Mayor

Mike Martin"

sure sounds like a grand opening, and opened by a person (Mike Martin)

Hummm, you made a good point. :huh:

I'll try posting it tomorrow. Will let you know the outcome.

1 hour ago, T0SHEA said:

Is there a category for Recreational Bike Parks?

These are a developed park, usually by a town, that is used exclusively for dirt bikes.

These Recreational Bike Parks are similar to skate parks.

There is not.  I would put the park in the Municipal Parks and Plazas category.

3 hours ago, Torgut said:

Where would you insert a simple monument to the victims of a dictatorship ?

You didn't give details as to where this was located - but would Monuments of the Eastern Freedomfights fit? 
I think the category should be freedomfighters...  

iconions, my bad. As I know that category so well and it doesn't fit there, I failed to clear that out in my post. No, it's in Argentina. These situations made me think how many good categories are still missing. In a single post you made me think about "Communist Traces of the Paste" or something like that and "Victims of Totalitarism", for all marks of suffering in countries from all Latin America, to Africa, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain, etc. 

34 minutes ago, T0SHEA said:

I found an interest restaurant that primarily serves a variety of crepes, sweet to savory.  

I searched the food categories and the only thing that comes up as a match is IHOP. :rolleyes:

Suggestions are welcome.

Independent Breakfast Spots, maybe...