uploading finds

malno1

Hi, I'm new to this.  I have a Garmin gpsmap64s.  I got the premium membership so I can download more easily by making lists instead of one by one.  But what is the best way to upload my finds ?  I've only search around my home so it was easy to remember witch one i found and the one i didn't on the web site when i came back home.  Hope i'm clear, i'm french canadian.

I continue reading on the site.  Seems that i have to write a draft (brouillon in french) on the field then up load at home in plugging my gps in the computer.  Is anybody can confirm or add to this ? How do i write a draft ?

Edited by malno1

Yes, if you log caches in your gpsmap, it will be stored in the text file geocache_visits.txt. You'll find it in the map \Garmin\ on the internal memory of your unit. You can open it in a text editor to see what it looks like if you want.

It's up to you if you write a log on the unit itself, I personally find it very inconvenient and usually type some key words and write a full log when logging online.

To log online: on geocaching.com, go to Drafts and upload the text file.

For now, I recommend you'll delete the file from your unit before you use drafts. The file will be created again as soon as you log a cache and it will prevent older logs to be uploaded the first time. I always delete the file after I used it to upload drafts.

• Upvote 1