Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tombstone!

How do you send a gpx file to your GPS??

Today a new cache was published so I plugged in my Garmin GPS (via USB) and proceeded to the cache page.

I wanted to send this particular GPX file to my Montana but I discovered that the familiar "Send to GPS" setting was no longer on the cache page.

So, how do you now send a particular GPX file to your GPS???

Edited by tombstone!

Click on "Download GPX" and save that file to the Garmin/GPX folder on your Montana.

• Upvote 1

First, click on the "Download GPX" and save it ontothe computer.  Do this for as many caches asuou plan to find.  Next from File Explorer on the computer, copy all the downloaded GPX files tothe appropriate folder on the GPSr.

• Helpful 1

17 hours ago, elsa_baby said:

First, click on the "Download GPX" and save it ontothe computer.  Do this for as many caches asuou plan to find.  Next from File Explorer on the computer, copy all the downloaded GPX files tothe appropriate folder on the GPSr.

You don't need to download them all to your computer. You can save them directly to the GPSr. After you save the first one, the browser should remember that location for the subsequent downloads which speeds up the process.