Flag counter

Eltapito

18 hours ago, Eltapito said:

Hello!

I am collecting flags on flagcounter on my profile. I would really appreciate if you add me new flags ?

I can give you Slovak flag back ?

My profile:

https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=bc5e39f0-3c27-48f2-9029-fb1f82f8f640

There is a thread over in the "All Nations" forum section called Flag Counting here: 

When I, and others that participate in that thread  travel  we'll visit that thread, and the the profiles of those that have posted to it to add new flags for those interested.  

2 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

There is a thread over in the "All Nations" forum section called Flag Counting here: 

When I, and others that participate in that thread  travel  we'll visit that thread, and the the profiles of those that have posted to it to add new flags for those interested.  

Super! I am going to join the thread :-) 

27 minutes ago, J Grouchy said:

I'm so confused... :lostsignal:

Pretty simple really.   Some people put a bit of code on their profile page, a  snippet of HTML that displays the flags of those that have visited the page.   It's just a side game like collecting souvenirs, adding a FTF list,  badges (very common in Europe), or other customizations to ones profile page.  

On 1/28/2019 at 10:13 AM, NYPaddleCacher said:

Pretty simple really.   Some people put a bit of code on their profile page, a  snippet of HTML that displays the flags of those that have visited the page.   It's just a side game like collecting souvenirs, adding a FTF list,  badges (very common in Europe), or other customizations to ones profile page.  

What is the basis for determining the country? 

Edited by Max and 99
45 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

What is the basis for determining the country? 

I assume that the site which generates the flags is using the IP address from the header information from a users browser, and then geocodes it to a country name.  The "countries" list is not the same as what geocaching.com uses but it's not counting finds, it's counting visitors to the web site.