How do I see Archived Caches?

I have the Android App set up on my phone.  When I open (or try to open) a cache on my phone, it defaults to using this app.  That's all fine and good for when I'm out caching impromptu, but causes some issues when I'm trying to look at Archived caches.  For example, if I look at the Geocaching Puzzle of the Day site, and I see a link to an interesting-sounding puzzle, and tap the link, the app tries to open it.  However, if the cache has been archived, I get the GC# for the cache and the message "Invalid code.  Please check the code and try again."

I can check on my PC that it is the correct code, just an archived cache.  Is there any way for me to change some settings so that the app will pull up these archived caches?

(Example: 1/23/19--GCNB7Z- name that musical - archived 2/24/10)

Thanks!

I don't think the app can pull up archived caches, by design.  It also doesn't pull up disabled ones, at least on the map.  I believe it's designed more for looking for caches in the field than as an "all things geocaching" platform.

You may want to change your default associations/apps options in the Android system so that your phone asks you whether you want to open up a cache in browser or app.  I never set the app as the default to open coord.info links, so it asks me each time.

• Upvote 2