Transfer of cache

colinsmudger

I have placed and maintained some caches, that I am not the owner,  the cache owner wants me to send adoption request to a new owner.  Using the Geocache Adoption page for this it is not working.  I have access to both the cache owner and the new owner username and passwords.  Working from my computer I can not send the adoption request.  The only thing I can think of is that I need to use the original owners computer.   ?????

57 minutes ago, wrong way smurf said:

I have placed and maintained some caches, that I am not the owner,  the cache owner wants me to send adoption request to a new owner.  Using the Geocache Adoption page for this it is not working.  I have access to both the cache owner and the new owner username and passwords.  Working from my computer I can not send the adoption request.  The only thing I can think of is that I need to use the original owners computer.   ?????

You need to login as the current owner, then follow the instructions in the link above to send an adoption request to the new owner. Then you need to login as the new owner to accept the adoption request.

Where are you having difficulties sending the adoption request?

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, niraD said:

You need to login as the current owner, then follow the instructions in the link above to send an adoption request to the new owner. Then you need to login as the new owner to accept the adoption request.

Where are you having difficulties sending the adoption request?

My interpretation is that he cannot send the adoption request because he is not the owner, he placed and maintained them for the owner. Sounds like an odd situation as WWS is doing all the work that the CO should be doing. This adoption should be initiated  by the CO, not his lackey unless the CO is willing to hand over his GC password to WWS.

1 hour ago, colleda said:

My interpretation is that he cannot send the adoption request because he is not the owner, he placed and maintained them for the owner. Sounds like an odd situation as WWS is doing all the work that the CO should be doing. This adoption should be initiated  by the CO, not his lackey unless the CO is willing to hand over his GC password to WWS.

3 hours ago, wrong way smurf said:

• Helpful 1