Finding cachers in specific area

LizzyRN

Not sure if there is an 'official' way to do it, but some options you could consider:

• Look for a geocaching Facebook group for the area.
  • See who the cache owners are for caches in the area - if all the caches in town are from just 1-2 people, then that might suggest there aren't many cachers in the area.
  • See how many finds are on caches in the area - if they are not found often, either in quantity or frequency, then that might suggest there aren't many cachers in the area.
  • You might be able to find past Event caches in the area using Project-GC's MapCompare feature - the attendance of those past events might be an indicator.
7 minutes ago, LizzyRN said:

... like to know if there are cachers in the general area. Is there a way to search out that information? Thank you.

You may look thru the logs of the caches placed there... and maybe contact some of the geocachers that logged them, asking for a proper venue to hold an Event, by instance.

I've managed to connect with cachers in the areas I'm taking a family vacation via Facebook.  Just this past week I connected with AZ cachers and have posted on their page about places to visit, places to eat, caches to try to get to, and general safety tips with regard to caching in AZ, considering we don't have the same type of hazards that they have.

Just post the event as soon as you can. Folks in the area will see the event publish, and plan accordingly. Your Will Attend logs will give you an idea of how many people to expect. Worst-case scenario is that you have more people show up than the venue will accommodate.  Good Luck!