Should i drop my first trackable at home or on holiday

PineLemon

That's what I did. Drop/Retrieve in a local cache, go on holiday and put it in a cache with a "come home" mission.

Just be prepared to have it go missing sooner or later. One of mine went missing after the first cacher picked it up. Another made it to 150Km from home and was then taken to Ireland (it's supposed to come home in Belgium).

21 hours ago, harper_finding_stuff said:

Dunno about you but I got two TBs this Christmas. Dropped one in Florida while I was on vacation and it's already traveled 1600+ miles in just one month, give or take. The one I saved for when I returned sat in a geocache for a month. Point being I would put a TB in a vacation cache again in a heartbeat.

Curious if you know what a "vacation" cache is. 

A vacation cache is one placed while you're on vacation (and generally frowned on by HQ), not one that's simply a cache found when you're on vacation. 

What does the "took it to" visit logs (that's still held by only one cacher) do you feel really say about that trackable ?

- Other than their picture from the first day retrieved, you don't even know if that person really still has it, or it's just in their inventory.    ;)

The other may have sat in your geocache for a while,  but to be fair, it did have maintenance issues for two months earlier, and  it could simply be folks were a bit wary after that.   We read logs and would bypass it ourselves ... on a log you wrote.  :)

We've seen the opposite (though all out are gone now). 

We did better with many folks drop and retrieving, seeming more attentive than one person just adding it to each cache they found.

19 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

Curious if you know what a "vacation" cache is. 

A vacation cache is one placed while you're on vacation (and generally frowned on by HQ), not one that's simply a cache found when you're on vacation. 

What does the "took it to" visit logs (that's still held by only one cacher) do you feel really say about that trackable ?

- Other than their picture from the first day retrieved, you don't even know if that person really still has it, or it's just in their inventory.    ;)

The other may have sat in your geocache for a while,  but to be fair, it did have maintenance issues for two months earlier, and  it could simply be folks were a bit wary after that.   We read logs and would bypass it ourselves ... on a log you wrote.  :)

We've seen the opposite (though all out are gone now). 

We did better with many folks drop and retrieving, seeming more attentive than one person just adding it to each cache they found.

ohh ooops not what i meant. i mean a cache that i saw while on vacation.