Sign in to follow this  
Followers 5
thomfre

Error 500

I see a lot of Error 500 (Your request resulted in an error. Please check Geocaching on Twitter for updates. We apologize for the inconvenience.) when browsing through geocaching.com now (dashboard, cache pages etc). No information on Twitter.

Not only every Cache you look at, it is happening with every Cache you want to log. After 2 or 3 tries at logging a Cache I finally get to the logging sceen.

WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!

5 minutes ago, speakers-corner said:

WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!

Something is wrong

• Funny 1

Don't know whether it's been fixed, or maybe an intermittent/selective fault, but I've tried several things today including write note, and everything's working fine for me.

Me too, but I'm in Australia and the time in H Q is 2.48 am. Hope someone checks this when the get in!! 

Same here..... very painful trying to do almost anything at the moment....

Perhaps I should elaborate. I was going to cache pages from the map, clicking on the cache name. After it happened with one cache and I vented my frustration I went back and had a think. What if I try clicking on 'Log Visit'/ It's working. Hopefully, that narrows down where the issue is and provides others with a solution. BTW, what do you do if you don't have a Twitter account? I don't like 'social media'.

• Upvote 1

I was not going via the map but direct from a GC code so that's probably not going to narrow down the problem area.

Twitter ... Thomfre has already looked so we hope that he will post any news here for those of us who don't Twitter. Please Thomfre?

No Twitter account needed to check. There's still nothing there (HQ probably sleeping now): https://twitter.com/GoGeocaching

The problem is also intermittent for me. I used direct links to dashboard and cache pages when I got this error.

• Upvote 1

I've seen the error 500 multiple times this morning, working on solving puzzles for a geo art and it's really annoying to try to submit corrected coordinates and get repeated "error 500" pages.

Thanks for all the reports. The engineers made some changes to help resolve the issue. Please let us know if you continue to see issues. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Frau Potter said:

Thanks for all the reports. The engineers made some changes to help resolve the issue. Please let us know if you continue to see issues. 

Also, please, if you're going to direct us to Twitter, provide a link as thomfre did above.  There are many of us who don't use it.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, NanCycle said:

Also, please, if you're going to direct us to Twitter, provide a link as thomfre did above.  There are many of us who don't use it.

The link was there :) You simply had to click the Twitter-text in the error message.

6 minutes ago, thomfre said:

The link was there :) You simply had to click the Twitter-text in the error message.

Thanks for explaining that anyway.  I did see the error message a few times, but just tried it again right away and poof! no error.

hallo, ich wollte Labs Lösungen eintragen und dann kam immer wieder Error 500 und nach dieser Fehlermeldung bekam ich 4 Labs gutgeschrieben pro Fehler Error 500. Das kann nicht sein. Ich bekam auch keine Nachricht wenn irgendwie Homepage überarbeitet wird.  Gruß BMG70

Hi,

I' m trying to create a new event from yesterday. Everything is OK until I click on Save and Preview -> Error 500 :-(

Error 500 = server error.  Someone should be automatically notified.

"New event", you say?  Try tinkering with the new mandatory time fields until something works.  If I had to guess, you tried to make an event that crossed over midnight Seattle time.  Simple features can get complicated so fast...

Edited by Viajero Perdido
Bugfix to advice.

Another possibility is that you have configured the system to use a time/date format that the new event code can't understand (yet?). If you temporarily switch your time/date format to match the default US format that Groundspeak is used to, then you might be able to list your event without the 500 error. Then you could switch the time/date format back and post a reply that provides this additional information to Groundspeak.

I still get this message when I try to change my profile.

I think this issue isn't solved yet for the profile.