Maintained It = Didn't Maintain It

TriciaG

Noting what it looks like on the app and on the website. 

The app:

IMG_3750.thumb.jpg.12f3f36db0fe7d43ae93e

and what it looks like on the website:

Screenshot_1.png.ce7feb99655af2329d986560ff164a9f.png

We have to select our log type, it's not automatic. But I see that someone could tap/click the first item on the list and not read the options. In that case, 'Write Note' as it appears on the website, is a better first option on the list. 

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, L0ne.R said:

and what it looks like on the website:

Screenshot_1.png.ce7feb99655af2329d986560ff164a9f.png

We have to select our log type, it's not automatic. But I see that someone could tap/click the first item on the list and not read the options. In that case, 'Write Note' as it appears on the website, is a better first option on the list. 

That's on the old logging page. On the new logging page, the log type for owned caches is always preset to "Owner Maintenance" and you have to remember to change it if you want to log anything else.

image.png.2503dd7e36900fcdfa128e4c751c87cb.png

Even the direct links on the cache page Admin Tools panel for Update Coordinates, Archive and Disable:

image.png.bdc31fea69b8f7f26d3fdd1db2ae6a45.png

default to Owner Maintenance logs when you click on them.

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

That's on the old logging page. On the new logging page, the log type for owned caches is always preset to "Owner Maintenance" and you have to remember to change it if you want to log anything else.

That is what I see too and that is why I made the mistake (like many others). I should check if I can make the page default to the old logging page.

OTOH, as long as "archive" isn't default... ;)

• Funny 1

Coulda put this in a thread about cache health scores, but it also fits here I guess. What more can be done?

Hider:
Temporarily Disable Listing
08/03/2021
Thanks for the heads up!
I am simply doing a mass enabled and will next be attending to maintenance
If there are any other concerns you may have feel free to post
Thanks!
Stay tuned…

Seeker 1:
Needs Archived
08/03/2021
This geocacher reported that this geocache should be archived. A community volunteer reviewer has been notified.

Seeker 1:
Write note
08/03/2021
Has the container actually been confirmed as being in place or replaced as needed?

Hider:
Enable Listing
08/03/2021
For us the pandemic is over. We are fully vaccinated and have returned to normal.
This cache is back in play~
Have Fun!

Hider:
Write note
10/25/2020
I don’t understand the relaxing of precautions? :(

Hider:
Write note
10/25/2020
Just because restrictions are being eased (prematurely?) the current COVID-19 situation is worse than ever.
I am still in a strict isolation and haven’t left my house (except for dire needs) since the beginning.
Please be patient.
Thanks

Seeker 1:
Needs Archived
10/24/2020
Cache hasn't been found in over 5 and a half years and the CO hasn't actually confirmed it's still in play and legally able to be found (see post from last finder mentioning 'No Trespassing' signs. The most stringent pandemic restrictions are over and we've been allowed to go out for a few months now.
This geocacher reported that this geocache should be archived. A community volunteer reviewer has been notified.

Seeker 1:
Write note
10/24/2020
Cache hasn't been found in over 5 and a half years and the CO hasn't actually confirmed it's still in play and legally able to be found (see post from last finder mentioning 'No Trespassing' signs. The most stringent pandemic restrictions are over and we've been allowed to go out for a few months now.

Hider:
03/25/2020
I am temporarily disabling all of my caches until the situation is over. Trying to keep people safe and not make non-essential trips outside.
Note from HQ...
"Reviewers will take into account COVID-19 when determining when to archive caches. We'd recommend including some kind of verbiage in your disable log that indicates that you are temporarily disabling your caches due to the virus.
Thanks,
Peter
Community Coordinator"
Thanks for your understanding and see you soon!

Seeker 1:
Didn't find it
02/29/2020
This was my next stop while out & about on Leap Day. Made it to GZ but came up empty.

Hider:
Enable Listing
10/25/2019
DNFs from cachers that didn’t even make it to GZ?
Thinking about it I’m going to let this one stay active for a little while longer.
Thanks for your concern and work!
Game back on.
Have fun!

Reviewer:
10/25/2019
Hider,
there have been some issues reported with this cache listing, either through the health score or numerous dnf/needs maintenance logs, so I am therefore disabling the cache until the issues can be addressed. If the cache owner does not post a note on this cache page within 2-weeks, I will accept the fact that this cache is no longer being maintained or has been abandoned an I will archive accordingly.
Reviewer

Seeker 2:
Didn't find it
11/05/2016
Tried one route and realized we should have gone the other, so we rerouted and began our way to GZ. Got really close, in fact pretty sure we could see the home of this one, but it was so overgrown that we were not comfortable going further. Will keep an eye on this one and hit it at a different time of year. TFTH.

Seeker 3:
Didn't find it
11/05/2016
X and I both agreed - it was way too overgrown back here to even think about trying for this one. Nice area for a cache for sure, but the footing is treacherous around GZ - better when you can see where your feet need to be! This sure looked a lot more like a 4/4 to me back here - pretty rough going! Hopefully, we will find our way back here some time!

Finder 1:
Found it
01/02/2015
#853 - Not sure if it was the case when originally placed, but there is currently No Trespassing signs up here. Got the cache and got the heck out before being seen.

• Surprised 1
14 hours ago, Corp Of Discovery said:

Coulda put this in a thread about cache health scores, but it also fits here I guess. What more can be done?

The NA has alerted the reviewer, and no more can be done at this point except through the reviewer's toolbox. At least the last log is a TD and not an Owners Maintenance (regardless of them saying they are doing a "mass enabled" - I think they meant "disabled").

On 8/5/2021 at 10:22 AM, TriciaG said:

The NA has alerted the reviewer, and no more can be done at this point except through the reviewer's toolbox. At least the last log is a TD and not an Owners Maintenance (regardless of them saying they are doing a "mass enabled" - I think they meant "disabled").

No, they are doing a mass enable- they've had all of their caches (almost 700 spread between 2 accounts) disabled for well over a year due to the pandemic. This CO already had a pretty bad reputation for cache maintenance before this... :(

Edited by Corp Of Discovery
  • Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1
12 hours ago, Corp Of Discovery said:

No, they are doing a mass enable- they've had all of their caches (almost 700 spread between 2 accounts) disabled for well over a year due to the pandemic. This CO already had a pretty bad reputation for cache maintenance before this... :(

The last (top) log you quoted was a temporary disable, apparently after the enable listing log. Did they enable it again after that?

Edited by TriciaG