List of newest caches

winer0545

When I request the list of newest caches, it gives me the list REGARDLESS OF WHICH CONTINENT IT IS ON. This list is only useful to me when I can look at the ones closest to me.  When I request the list be sorted by nearest to furthest, it gives me a list of ALL caches, not just the newest.  Does nobody test these features before they get released?

11 hours ago, winer0545 said:

When I request the list of newest caches, it gives me the list REGARDLESS OF WHICH CONTINENT IT IS ON. This list is only useful to me when I can look at the ones closest to me.  When I request the list be sorted by nearest to furthest, it gives me a list of ALL caches, not just the newest.  Does nobody test these features before they get released?

Are you talking about the "Newest caches" link on the home page?  (Screen cap below)

Works fine for me, it gives me a list of 13,682 caches within 50 km of my home location, sorted by placed date; I can see my home coordinates in the URL at the top of the browser.

Do you have a home location set?

Capture.JPG

• Helpful 1
17 hours ago, winer0545 said:

When I request the list of newest caches, it gives me the list REGARDLESS OF WHICH CONTINENT IT IS ON. This list is only useful to me when I can look at the ones closest to me.  When I request the list be sorted by nearest to furthest, it gives me a list of ALL caches, not just the newest. 

Does nobody test these features before they get released?

Looks (to me) like somebody did.  :)

When hitting "Newest", it leads me to newest in the area I set.

• Upvote 2

Well, today it seems to be working.  I'm not sure what was happening yesterday when I was having problems.  Yes, I did have a home location set in the profile, but it was giving me caches in Australia and Europe. It was almost like it didn't recognize the home location for some reason.  Thanks to all who replies.