An achievement

NanCycle

21 hours ago, NanCycle said:

Today I filled in the 366th date of caches found by calendar date!  (Just needed to brag a little.)

Go ahead and brag!  And congrats!  It'll be 2020 before I can claim 366 calendar days; we didn't start caching till March of 2017.  We set a goal to cache every day in 2018, which we succeeded in doing (:::pats self on back:::), and now are going for a 400 day cache streak challenge that I signed awhile back, since we are not likely to get any closer than we are now (383 days today).  After that, we'll work on other challenges, and hiding more caches.

Congrats again, NanCycle!

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:50 PM, NanCycle said:

Today I filled in the 366th date of caches found by calendar date!  (Just needed to brag a little.)

Cool !  :)

When the other 2/3rds was a stat nut, can't tell you how many days I had to go out in the rain/snow for "a day" because she was at work. 

- Not interested in stats, a few were caches she knew I wouldn't do, so the brat would give me just the coords to parking/cache an hour or so before dusk.   

I'm still challenge-free, and she no longer caches, so unlike A-Team, looking for double days are outta the question.   :D

5 hours ago, The A-Team said:

Congrats!

I filled my calendar in the summer of 2012 and found a local 366 challenge a week later on my birthday. I'm now working on a "No ones left behind" challenge where you need at least 2 finds on each day. I'm down to less than 10 of those.

I have two left in Dec.  I may have to look up one of those Challenges.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:32 PM, CAVinoGal said:

now are going for a 400 day cache streak challenge that I signed awhile back, since we are not likely to get any closer than we are now (383 days today).  After that, we'll work on other challenges, and hiding more caches.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:51 PM, The A-Team said:

I'm now working on a "No ones left behind" challenge where you need at least 2 finds on each day. I'm down to less than 10 of those.

Quoting myself, just for reference.  We did make it to 400; actually stopped at 404 (seemed a good number to take a day to "not find" a cache!)  So that challenge is complete (GC44V51).  We now want to fill the grid with 2's and have several of those to fill in (started caching in 3/2017) and I may take it a step further and go for 3's after March 9, so it will reflect the # of years I've been geocaching as the minimum # on each calendar day.  We'll see how that goes.  We do have at least one on every day except for 2/29 and we'll get that in 2020.

We've also signed all the challenge caches along a local Bikeway (22 or so), some I doubt we will ever complete, and some will be our focus this year.  We'll go for specific caches that will help us meet those challenges.  I haven't seen one like the A-Team "No one left behind" to sign - it's just a goal we set for ourselves.  If we ever DO find it, we will qualify by the end of this year!

Keep caching, and setting new goals - keep it fresh!

Edited by CAVinoGal
Edited for clarity
  • Upvote 1