Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
CAVinoGal

"New" Souvenir notification won't go away

The past week or so (maybe since January 1?) I have a persistent notification for a new souvenir.  I can view my souvenirs, it goes away, but within half an hour, it's back.  I look at them again, the notification goes away, and then returns.  The last souvenir I earned is the one for Jan 1.  I've restarted the app, and the phone, and the behavior remains.

Android v. 9

App v. 7.2.0

Google Pixel

How can I clear this?

Screenshot_20190114-160644.thumb.png.ffb9303eedaf754f87c17b6bb8f7b688.pngScreenshot_20190114-160905.thumb.png.d37e7f878d4a3dec7344d3ce950dc9c3.png

Normally mine clear when I tap on "Souvenirs (New)."

I have found that most issues I encounter with the app stem from a lag in synchronization between what's on the servers and what's in the app.  For example, I can recall some TBs that were still showing up in my inventory after I'd already dropped them in a cache.  Logging out and logging back in forces the app to synch up, and that seems to typically fixes these things.  So I'd try that.

4 hours ago, hzoi said:

Normally mine clear when I tap on "Souvenirs (New)."  Mine too.  And they do, but then later, it's back!

I have found that most issues I encounter with the app stem from a lag in synchronization between what's on the servers and what's in the app.  For example, I can recall some TBs that were still showing up in my inventory after I'd already dropped them in a cache.  Logging out and logging back in forces the app to synch up, and that seems to typically fixes these things.  So I'd try that.

I have restarted the app, and my phone.  Today, I logged out of the app, and geocaching.com as well.  Then logged back in to both, and the (New) under Profile and Souvenirs was gone.  Now it's back.  I can't seem to make it go away!

I've reported this bug to GS and it seems to be a known issue that is on their list.

8 hours ago, noncentric said:

I've reported this bug to GS and it seems to be a known issue that is on their list.

Thank you!  I can live with it, but it is puzzling.  Since I am in the app every day (at least till Feb. 2 when I hit day #400 of a Find a day for a challenge!) it's just there, every day.

I will await an app update!