Android app started crashing

Near the beginning of the month, we had several reports of the Android app crashing immediately on app start. Our investigations tracked this back to a bug with the Android OS which we believe has since been resolved. Are any of you still experiencing crashes immediately on app start?

Ive experienced the same issue

Any List that is downloaded to the phone (whist connected to Wifi (or mobile/cellular networks)) for offline use, will cause the app to crash when not connected to a wifi network.

This is particularly annoying as Im often caching where there is no mobile signal, and now I cant use Offline Lists :(

Ive tried clearing the cache, clearing the Geocaching apps data, uninstalling and reinstalling the Geocaching App, wiping the entire mobile phone -  none of these have made a difference.

(Geocaching App v7.6.0, Android 6.0.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini, and this also happens on a Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 8)

If anyone has a solution to this I would be grateful to hear from them - please message me at weredunn4 on the Geocaching Messenger app.

Edited by weredunn4
adding information.
On 3/4/2019 at 9:37 AM, wigglesworth said:

Running version 7.6.0 android 7.0

The lists open now we are back home. 

The problem occurred when on holiday and we were dependent upon off line usage.

Does the system give error messages when failing to access off line information?

7 hours ago, weredunn4 said:

Ive experienced the same issue

Any List that is downloaded to the phone (whist connected to Wifi (or mobile/cellular networks)) for offline use, will cause the app to crash when not connected to a wifi network.

This is particularly annoying as Im often caching where there is no mobile signal, and now I cant use Offline Lists :(

Ive tried clearing the cache, clearing the Geocaching apps data, uninstalling and reinstalling the Geocaching App, wiping the entire mobile phone -  none of these have made a difference.

(Geocaching App v7.6.0, Android 6.0.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini, and this also happens on a Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 8)

If anyone has a solution to this I would be grateful to hear from them - please message me at weredunn4 on the Geocaching Messenger app.

Thanks for the reports on crashes you're experiencing when attempting to access offline lists. We've included a fix for that crash in our 7.7.0 release, which has started a phased roll out today. It's available to a small percentage of Android users now and should be available to everyone by Thursday. Once you've installed that update, please let us know if the crashing issue is resolved for you!