My GeoNap coins have arrived!

GeoNap

For all of you that have inquired about my coins:

I'm pretty excited, my GeoNap coins arrived today. I think they turned out pretty darn nice. I'm going in search of cache number 100 tomorrow. I'm thinking that's a worthy enough event to drop of a GeoNap geocoin. icon_smile.gif

If you care, you can see a picture of a proof coin at my profile:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/default.asp?A=114085

Keep an eye out for GeoNap coins!

Grandpa I will send you some info later tonight. The company I went with did a great job for me.

Thanks for the compliments on the coins everyone!

For those of you that are interested, I placed my first coin in my 100th cache today. It is GeoNap coin #0016.

Placed it after yet another failed attempt at 2925 (more on that later). Coin is in Tranquility - NOT! #2 (with a view) waypoint GCF631.

Good luck! Lots of daylight left. ;-) Be sure to log it at http://www.GeoNap.com

Oregone: I'm packing for a trip to the East coast tonight, so I don't know if I'll get the 2925 log up before I go (probably not since I don't have crap packed yet) but trust me... it was a memorable experience once again. I have high speed internet in my hotel room so (very excited about that) so I'll try to do it while I'm there.

Slinger: Geodivorce... now that sounds expensive. [icon_smile.gif] Probably more expensive than the coins!

Sounds like quite the challenge. It's on the opposite side of town than we usually do, but oregone did (foolishly icon_razz.gif) attempt the Clone of My Own Bonus while it was cut off by water, so I could do his cache the same courtesy. My sabbatical starts in a few weeks after all... I should wait for you to find it first to see if you put a coin in it... icon_wink.gif

I know Marla wouldn't touch this with a ten furlong pole. icon_smile.gif

hept-hole.gif

I have had my eye on this one for a while also... I have a kayak, but have not found a close place to put in and carrying it for 2 miles through what you have encountered your last 2 tries somehow just does not appeal to me icon_eek.gif. Perhaps we should make a team ground assult at it one of these weekends and see if there really is even a cache out there, or if this is actually some mischieveous joke...

My mind not only wanders...

Sometimes it leaves completely...

**Namaste**

I have one more plan for this one... a secret at this point... but perhaps it will work.

If that fails, then I am with you Bazzle... a team ground assault... and if the cache is missing, I'm going to ask my man Fractal to whip something up to sink the whole dang island (judging from Broken Arrow... I think he could do it). icon_smile.gif

The hunt for the 'Holy Grail' continues...

Good luck with your secret approach. If it is thwarted contact me, I think I know an access route that will work. A bit of a trek, but with the right *vehicles* it would not be to bad icon_wink.gif

**Namaste**

I tried to get out to the 2925 cache today, but couldn't get past the channel. I'm thinking chest-waders aren't going to cut it anymore. Also, there are a TON of nettles out there. Even with my machete, i managed to get my arms stung pretty horribly today.

Last year's trail is pretty much gone. I'm thinking that the trail changes every year as the fishermen follow the various game trails to the river in late june.

I figure i'll try again sometime next week. If anyone beats me out to it, i've got a $25 gift certificate at a certain one-stop shopping center with your name on it. You can prove you've been there by taking a few pics, if you trust yourself with a camera near water.

Someone should free that travel bug--it's been there for over 200 days now.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

[This message was edited by oregone on June 10, 2003 at 10:00 PM.]

Hmmmm... things are getting very interesting now...

I almost wish I wasn't in Virginia... nah... I want to see a few of you go out there and PUNISH yourselves first. Seriously, this cache kicked my a$$.

But it looks so easy you say... mmmwwahh.. mmmmwhah... I laugh...go ahead... bring water and try not to die. ;-)

I'm working as a councelor at a kids camp all next week, but if there's a group attack on one of the next couple Saturdays... count me in. I've got my new gas powered weedwacker I've been meaning to try out. I don't think it's waterproof though icon_frown.gif

"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."

This is defenitely on our to do list, but not until late summer when the channel's dried up. Let's do a 2925 cache event and kick this cache's a$$, make a big ol' trail out to it! 20 people with machetes can make a trail faster than one!

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

I think the BA might be a little too powerful... But... Let me see where those trebuchet plans are... icon_wink.gif Maybe we can launch people on to the island!

Getting back across is another story...

-fractal

If we send a stout rope over with the first to fly and an inflatable raft with #2 we can make a ferry line to get back from the island. Find them plans... icon_wink.gif

**Namaste**

My first attempt (and only one so far) back in November of last year I had similar experiences to GeoNap. Almost drowned in the same bottomless ditch, got tangled up in a hidden barb wire fence, and ran into many dead ends with no way through the blackberry vines short of napalm or agent orange (it has been proven that agent orange will only make blackberry vines grow faster, not kill them icon_rolleyes.gif). It is a very evil place but I too have ideas on how to defeat this cache but it is just too early yet unless you want to swim and still too cold in the water for that. This could be a good competion to see who gets there first. No rules, may the best man, woman, team win. If I thought it would help I would be even be willing to jump out of a perfectly good airplane again, no I'm not airborne, I just did sport skydiving for fun, loved to fall from the sky for long distances with bunches of other people.

I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back, please keep me here.

quote:
Originally posted by Armando & Co.:

I thought someone was carrying you! icon_wink.gif

Oh man, i totally forgot about that: I DID carry slinger over the channel to the island so he could find that cache!

I have a feeling that if i wanted to find 2925 NOW, i'd need slinger just to get me through the brush. If his Troubled Waters cache is any indication, he has no fear of murky water.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

quote:

Oh man, i totally forgot about that: I DID carry slinger over the channel to the island so he could find that cache!

Like I said, it was a cake walk icon_biggrin.gif

I was supposed to wear oregone's hipwaders across, but they were a size 9 or something. my ogre 12 EE foot just wouldn't go in. We meet The Tungsten Jihad on the way back, but oregone never offered him help across. sarcastic emoticon

3 more GeoNap coins out there... waiting to move along or be added to someone's SI collection... ;-)

0019 - 06/22/03 - The Pipeline*: (still there according to log) This is an incredible cache.

0020 - 6/27/03 - Rock of Ages: This one is one of the best I've done!

0021 - 6/27/03 - She Feels Like A Remora: great hunt... extremely well done cache.

quote:
Originally posted by GeoNap:

3 more GeoNap coins out there... waiting to move along or be added to someone's SI collection... ;-)

0019 - 06/22/03 - The Pipeline*: (still there according to log) This is an incredible cache.

0020 - 6/27/03 - Rock of Ages: This one is one of the best I've done!

0021 - 6/27/03 - She Feels Like A Remora: great hunt... extremely well done cache.

Hey Geonap, you're making this WAY too easy for people to find your coins! I say if they really want one, people will periodically check your cache page and recent logs. You're being WAY too 'nice!'

--laurak

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

I know... I probably am... ;-) I guess I just kind of like it when people go after them. That's why I place them after all, so others can enjoy them. ;-)

I'll probably stop making it 'too easy' shortly. I'll probably even stop posting 'exactly' where I placed them... I'll be more generic like... somewhere in my last 10 caches... heh heh... so hunt them now while it's easy! icon_cool.gif