App question

kimbo25

Hi all:  I recently resumed Geocaching after a long break.  Put the app on my IPhone.  Some caches show up on the Geocaching.com site as regular caches,

with all info available.  But they show up on my phone app as premiums which cannot be accessed.  A couple of examples are GC198EX and GC78BWM.

There a a number of others.  Not sure why this is happening and any info would be most appreciated!

When you tap a cache, it should explain why you can't view it.

• The 1st cache you posted should give you a message saying "This geocache has a difficulty above 2.0 and/or a terrain rating above 2.0. Upgrade to Geocaching Premium to find it."  The cache has a Terrain level of 4, which is why you can't see it on the app with a Basic Membership.
  • The 2nd cache you posted should be showing up on your app.  It is a Traditional, non-PMO cache with a 1.5/1.5 DT rating.

The caches you're seeing greyed out on the app are "Advanced Caches", which is different than Premium Member Only (PMO) caches. PMO caches will not appear on the app at all for Basic Members.

This Help Center article describes the difference between membership levels (Basic vs Premium) and the Official app functionality:  https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=102&pgid=764

• Upvote 1