Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Duke of Earle

down loading problems

I think I messed up my download GPX. I changed from Geocaching to google chrome and now nothing works. all  I get is a page of coding.

Anybody have had that problem. How do I get back to the standard default

Earle

34 minutes ago, Duke of Earle said:

I think I messed up my download GPX. I changed from Geocaching to google chrome and now nothing works. all  I get is a page of coding.

Anybody have had that problem. How do I get back to the standard default

Earle

A GPX file is a “page of code”. Save that GPX file by clicking File/Save in the open Notepad window and it's fine. Typically you then find it in the Downloads folder.

To save time, you can restore the original default of saving the file rather than opening it. If you go to Settings in the Chrome menu, you can “Clear Browser Data”, and if that's no good, you can “Restore settings to their original defaults”. That might do it is you had changed the settings to that the file opens rather than downloading to a folder.

I didn't test these, because I'm not sure exactly what your issue is.

I am not a premium member but in the past have been able to save .gpx files to a Mac and upload via GarminBaseCamp to my GPSmap64 and the data could be checked for the hint and previous logs. Somehow this detail has disappeared the .gpx file is less than 20KB, I think it used to be around 250KB. Please can anyone help?

On 1/13/2019 at 12:35 PM, gospi said:

I am not a premium member but in the past have been able to save .gpx files to a Mac and upload via GarminBaseCamp to my GPSmap64 and the data could be checked for the hint and previous logs. Somehow this detail has disappeared the .gpx file is less than 20KB, I think it used to be around 250KB. Please can anyone help?

What method are you using to download the .gpx files - directly from cache page, from map preview, somewhere else?   Some individual cache .gpx files can be small.  The size depends on the cache.

• Helpful 1