Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
smile4cmd

Download Error - Can't download Wherigo cartriges

I have been trying for 6 months to get this feature to work.  I have an android phone have downloaded the WhereYouGo app.   I double checked the credentials and file location.  a friend suggested I try to download from cgeo, but I get the exact same screen/error.  When I click on any cartridge, a screen pops up with "Download Cartridge" on the top.  A button on the bottom for "Download"  I tap on Download and another pop up appears with first "Connecting" then "Logging In"  then Downloading - then "Download Error".   Same thing every time, and with cgeo.   I have friends that download the same cartridge with no problems on their phones.   Any suggestions????

Is the phone model old? I have an old phone and have had some apps reuse to load.

My husband seems to have the same issue.  We have the same phone, a Google Pixel.  We both have the WhereYouGo and Geeoh apps.  I can download and play the cartidges.  He gets "download error" (nothing more specific than that).  Our settings and download locations are the same,  we are both on our home wifi, yet mine download without a hitch and his won't.  We can't figure out why,

Two different options to try to see if you might clear up any problems.  Option 1 might not provide much help because I'm not sure there's been an update in a bit but it's worth checking out.

1.  Look to see if it needs to be updated.  If so, update and try again.  Make sure to go to the settings and verify your login credentials are still entered.

2.  Uninstall and then install it again.

Same cannot login hence cannot download issue here as well.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but stil no go. Entering user name/email address & password, tap green sign in button, but nothing happens, and if go back, get pop up error Groundspeak Auth Error Error logging in. Cancel Retry Message, and just continues to fail. Useless app. I will stick with my Garmin Oregon 450.