Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
MtnHermit

Tempe, No Tracklog Data

Garmin Montana 610 v3.3 with Tempe sensor. Temperature appears in data fields but not in the tracklog. What might I be missing?

ThanksScreen.jpg.fdc92d49d938a5a2f2bf4ea0753458bd.jpg

Does it appear in the track log's GPX file? Or, say, when looking at it in Basecamp? 

23 hours ago, Mineral2 said:

Does it appear in the track log's GPX file? Or, say, when looking at it in Basecamp? 

I normally use MapSource, there the Temp column appears but no data. In BC no temp data, no temp column. Opened in NotePad, didn't see and obvious temp data. When I use BC (rarely) I have an older version that allows GoogleEarth, FWIW.

Thanks for the reply.

How old is this version of BaseCamp? Tempe is from 2012, so you'll need the a version of BC newer than 4.0.1. The latest version of BC which allows Google Earth is 4.6.2, which can be downloaded here. Scroll to BaseCamp_462.exe.

18 hours ago, StefandD said:

How old is this version of BaseCamp? Tempe is from 2012, so you'll need the a version of BC newer than 4.0.1. The latest version of BC which allows Google Earth is 4.6.2, which can be downloaded here. Scroll to BaseCamp_462.exe.

What does Basecamp have to do with the problem?  He is saying the GPS is not putting the temperature data into the GPX file.

6 hours ago, Red90 said:

What does Basecamp have to do with the problem?  He is saying the GPS is not putting the temperature data into the GPX file.

Exactly, which makes me wonder if it was actually connected to a Tempe when the track was recorded.