Lonely Cache Lists For Florida

JL_HSTRE

Florida is one of the most cache-rich states with over 40,000 but several thousand of those go over a year without any Finds. In order to encourage cachers to see out these lonely caches (or if they are lonely due to DNF issues, to encourage their owners to undertake some maintenance) each year I update bookmark lists of Lonely Caches in Florida. Here are the caches not found in 2018...

Panhandle (Tallahassee/Pensacola)
Central North (Gainesville/Ocala)
Northeast (Jacksonville)
Central West (Tampa Bay)
Central East (Orlando/Daytona)
Southwest (Sarasota / Fort Myers)
Southeast (Keys / Miami / Palm Beach)

• Funny 1
36 minutes ago, Keystone said:

It might be easier to get real-time data through Project-GC, at the Lonely Caches search page and the Days Since Last Found search page.

Yep.  Many caches I've headed to have been "lonely" for some time simply because they're more than 100' from parking.

Someone goes by a "list" that hasn't been regularly updated may get upset, but that's on them for relying on those lists...

I used to get #^*$@^& mail regularly until I started replying, saying, "I plan on hitting XZY caches soon too, how long should I wait for you?"    :laughing:

21 hours ago, quadmommy said:

Looks like this is an old post and the links are Not Found or Private.

I maintained Lonely lists for Florida for over 5 years, but am no longer doing so.

Since Project GC can now provide the information close to real time (thanks, Keystone) it doesn't really seem necessary for me to do so. Accurately updating the lists each year was also becoming more and more difficult.

• Upvote 2