How do I use the free membership trial?

BIGBUS

What format was the trial you received?

If it was a code, then you may want to try entering the code at this site:   https://www.geocaching.com/freetrial/

Where did you hear that you have to purchase a 1 year subscription first?  Most of the free trial offers I'm familiar with are only for Basic Members, so buying a 1 year Premium Membership would invalidate a free trial offer.

I recvd a code to enter from Geo Hdqtrs for the Free Trial. But when I enter the code as requested I'm informed that I will need to submit a credit card and purchase a 1 year membership to recve the free 7 day trial. I tried it again and it didn't change. I'm okay with the free standard membership so I'm moving on. Just thought it would be nicer to be able to download coords directly to GPS, something only Prime members can do at this time.

9 minutes ago, BIGBUS said:

I recvd a code to enter from Geo Hdqtrs for the Free Trial. But when I enter the code as requested I'm informed that I will need to submit a credit card and purchase a 1 year membership to recve the free 7 day trial. I tried it again and it didn't change. I'm okay with the free standard membership so I'm moving on. Just thought it would be nicer to be able to download coords directly to GPS, something only Prime members can do at this time.

I'd mail geocaching HQ again, explaining this.    :)

Many might be facing the same problem and just aren't saying anything (or don't know how).

26 minutes ago, BIGBUS said:

But when I enter the code as requested I'm informed that I will need to submit a credit card and purchase a 1 year membership to recve the free 7 day trial.

Don't know about any 7 days voucher... only 30 days.

After some recent alterations, you need to enter a credit card in case you want to renew the membership by the end of the free month, unless you don't want it to be renewed.

See this link.

3 minutes ago, SmokeyBear#1 said:

Here's a cut and paste of what I got when I entered the code that was emailed to me. If I don't provide a payment method at this point, I don't get the FREE trial. Just not happening.

Free 7 day trial membership 
Then, $29.99/year + tax

Either way... you can (and probably you would) cancel it right after. No harm done.

A pretty usual request in so many applications today, by instance magazine subscriptions.

All the details in the previous link.

5 hours ago, BIGBUS said:

Just thought it would be nicer to be able to download coords directly to GPS, something only Prime members can do at this time.

Just so you know. You can use the "Download GPX" button on the map preview or the cache details page, on the website, and then save the .gpx file to the GPSr you connected to your computer.  Save the .gpx file to the Garmin/GPX folder if you have a Garmin, or to the "geocaches" folder if you have a Magellan.  Then you'll have the cache info, hints, previous 5 logs, etc of the cache in your GPSr.