Found caches in [Android ] List not found on my computer.

geo K

I am using a Samsung phone and the GC app. I loaded a List into the App. Yesterday went out and found 5 caches that were in the List. Each cache was logged as a find and had a log. Looking later yesterday at these caches from the App, they showed up on the map as Smilies, but the Activity section did not show the posted logs. As a further check I tapped the Log button again and as expected the Find option was not available.

I then went to our computer went into the list found these caches and none of them were Found and did not have smilies, nor logs. Thinking overnight would cure the situation, I checked today. I had the same result Smilies on the App map nothing on the computer.

Are there any thoughts on this issue?

What is one of the caches that this issue occurs with?  That shows as a smiley on the app map, but shows as unfound on the website map.

Also, what is the app version and android version on your phone?  Found by going to "Version Info" in the app menu.

3 hours ago, StefandD said:

Did you turn on Concept in your log? Then they will appear in your Drafts on the website.

What is "Concept"?

1 hour ago, noncentric said:

What is one of the caches that this issue occurs with? 

• GC27FH7 .....   Oils #3 Lavender  ...  Shows a Smilie on the map in the app, but nothing on the computer. App does not allow another Find [not shown]. App does not show the posted log.

what is the app version and android version on your phone?

• Android version on my phone is 6.0.1
  • App version found as part of the Application Settings on the phone. The Geocaching Version is 7.2.0.  Hope this makes sense.

4 hours ago, StefandD said:

Did you turn on Concept in your log? Then they will appear in your Drafts on the website.

• Don't know how to do this

Thank you for your assistance.

Edited by geo K

Sounds like you wrote your logs with the app, not the website?

Does "Oils #3 Lavender" show up when you go to your Drafts page ?

I did write the logs on the app at the site of the cache and as a Find, but the log cannot be seen by the website nor by the app.

Oils #3 Lavender does not show up when you go to your Drafts page

Since I cannot do "Oils #3 Lavender" as a Find on the app at this point, the app thinks the find has been done.

8 hours ago, noncentric said:

What is "Concept"?

I'm using the Dutch language of the Geocaching-app. In my language you see an option 'Concept' if you want to save your log as Draft instead of posting the log. I assumed it would be the same in English.

Screenshot_20190105-103829.thumb.png.a3c00f01d21d13d84133ca9a35260f28.png

Edited by StefandD
8 hours ago, StefandD said:

I'm using the Dutch language of the Geocaching-app. In my language you see an option 'Concept' if you want to save your log as Draft instead of posting the log. I assumed it would be the same in English.

Screenshot_20190105-103829.thumb.png.a3c00f01d21d13d84133ca9a35260f28.png

On my (English) copy of Groundspeak's app, that switch position means that the log will be sent as a draft, not as an actual log.

To convert my drafts into actual logs, I go to the list of drafts at

https://www.geocaching.com/account/drafts

Then I use the drafts to post actual logs.

15 hours ago, StefandD said:

Ah, interesting.  In the English language app, that word is "Draft".  Does "concept" in Dutch mean the same thing as Draft?

Screenshot_20190105.jpg

20 hours ago, geo K said:

I did write the logs on the app at the site of the cache and as a Find, but the log cannot be seen by the website nor by the app.

Oils #3 Lavender does not show up when you go to your Drafts page

Since I cannot do "Oils #3 Lavender" as a Find on the app at this point, the app thinks the find has been done.

That is quite the bug.  Sounds like a syncing problem between the Android app and the servers.  Have you tried logging out of the app, and then back in?

If you get the Found It option when you click on the "log geocache" button on the website?

22 hours ago, noncentric said:

Have you tried logging out of the app, and then back in?

If you get the Found It option when you click on the "log geocache" button on the website?

Well, when I went to log out of the App there is an App note that says that you will lose the data that is on the phone.  That is what happened, no more map smilies [like before logs and drafts are missing] and I am able to do a Find on those caches. Probably what should be expected.