Drafts Not Properly Showing In App

First of all, I have to say that I LOVE using the "Drafts" function in the Geocaching app.  I tend to write longer logs than most and the ability to drop a quick note in the field and edit it later on the PC is simply awesome!!  I use this constantly...

I've noticed though, there seems to be a disconnect between the app and the website.  

You can see in the screenshots below my website "Dashboard" shows I have 51 drafts.  The app only shows 4  And the four seem to be somewhat random (The top one is my most recent draft, but the other three are kind of in the middle).  

The good news is the website seems to be accurate, and all of the things I draft in the field seem to go there.  It just scares me when I see only 4 drafts when I know I have more!

Hoping you can get these back in sync!

Thanks!

Drafts.JPG

Drafts App.JPG

That's a known problem with the Android app.  I'm aware that GS is working on it.  Not sure when it will be resolved.  It's interesting that it seems to happen only with Android, and not iOS.

I've found that logging out and then back in to the app will get the Drafts sync'd up again, but hoping the source of the problem will be fixed in the not too distant future.

At least it not just me. I had two drafts disappear yesterday.  ? 

Have to wonder how many logs I ha lost. Lost one other for sure, I logged it but it didn't show up as a find or or a draft. So I logged it, it's owned by a friend so I should be ok. 

Hope they work on this. 

5 hours ago, pscwmoms said:

At least it not just me. I had two drafts disappear yesterday.  ? 

Have to wonder how many logs I ha lost. Lost one other for sure, I logged it but it didn't show up as a find or or a draft. So I logged it, it's owned by a friend so I should be ok. 

Hope they work on this. 

When the Drafts disappear on the Android app, then they are still in your account - I mean, the 'missing' Drafts are still on your Drafts page on the website and they will show up in the app again if you log out and back in to the app.

52 minutes ago, pscwmoms said:

This day there was one draft of three. Lost two they never showed back up. However I will do what you suggested next time and hope they show up. I'm going to keep count to make sure I'm not loosing any.  Thank for the reply and solution.  :)

Do the two lost ones show up when you go to your Drafts webpage, on the website?   What about when you log out and then back in to the app?

If they don't show up on the website, then that is a different bug then in the OP.

1 hour ago, noncentric said:
2 hours ago, pscwmoms said:

This day there was one draft of three. Lost two they never showed back up. However I will do what you suggested next time and hope they show up. I'm going to keep count to make sure I'm not loosing any.  Thank for the reply and solution.  :)

Do the two lost ones show up when you go to your Drafts webpage, on the website?   What about when you log out and then back in to the app?

Yeah, this "bug" is back - logging out and then back into the app does result in all my drafts showing, and they are there, consistently, on the website.  It just a bit disconcerting to see the numbers of drafts changing and random drafts disappearing from time to time.

• Upvote 1

Well, I took noncentric's advice and logged out and back in.  Sure enough, my draft counts were once again synced up!  Hooray!! Though, I hope they actually fix the issue that's causing that...

I did learn one interesting thing when I logged off and back on.  I had a couple of offline lists stored.  When I logged off, apparently that deletes your offline lists!! Didn't realize it until I was in the middle of nowhere with no cell signal and had no offline list!!!  Fortunately, i had saved the list offline in multiple apps, so I was OK, but that seems an interesting feature to delete those like that....