360° Challenges How to add layer/mask to locus or cgeo

Team On

Hi guys,

regarding 360° Challenges , for example

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC56MPM_the-texas-360-degrees-of-smileys-challenge

I know there are the challenge checkers for them which are nice to check when you are home on the pc. But clicking a beam in order to get suggestions is rather complicated. Out the in the field with Cgeo and locus maps it would be great to have those 360 cake pieces within my offline map at locus maps or cgeo. So I can easily notice in which cake piece I am at the moment and weather geocaches near me are too. Maybe even someone has done a template/mask/layer for such thing in the past and I just need to define the center coordinates for the respective 360 challenge?

I am not an expert in this, so let me throw out some ideas:

The most simple version would be 360 beams around the center.

A more sophisticated version would be as above, but when you zoom in at some point the name of the degree (e.g. "degree 3 to 4") pops up, on the line or in the cake piece.Just like when you see a map from zoomed out, the highway is just a nameless line but when you zoom in at some zoom level the name of the highway becomes readable.

The expert version would be that you could kind of mark my "finished" cake pieces with OK, so those polygons turn green like in the official checker. 

Just ideas, if basic version is possible I am already happy.

Edited by Team On

One of the apps you reference is not to be spoken about in the forums here.

As to the Mystery cache you referenced, many of them virtually require a computer to solve.  It would seem that the one in your post would simply require you to use a web browser on your phone to access the related website tool.  Maybe a project for a rainy day, sitting at the computer adding caches to a bookmark list (or looking at other cacher's lists) for your own solution to this one.

Good luck.