today's stupid question re - Souvenirs

little-leggs

okay here's a question ,

which you all may think is silly or even stupid .

today I earn't a  Souvenir , likewise I earn't one yesterday , ( Thanks 2018 & Hello 2019 ) 

Q ) why are they not displayed together , in descending order ,  instead of being randomly being dotted all over the page   , so the last one you are awarded / earn't is the first souvenir you see etc 

8 minutes ago, little-leggs said:

But Why ,,,,, alphabetical

Why not , in date order 

It was alphabetical when Souvenirs were first introduced, and nothing has changed since then.

There are a number of suggestions in this forum requesting the ability to organize Souvenirs, or requesting the ability to sort them in some sensible order (date acquired is one of the orders that has been suggested). But for now, we're stuck with alphabetical, and we're stuck with Souvenir names that don't sort related Souvenirs next to each other.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
2 minutes ago, niraD said:

It was alphabetical when Souvenirs were first introduced, and nothing has changed since then.

There are a number of suggestions in this forum requesting the ability to organize Souvenirs, or requesting the ability to sort them in some sensible order (date acquired is one of the orders that has been suggested). But for now, we're stuck with alphabetical, and we're stuck with Souvenir names that don't sort related Souvenirs next to each other.

not such a silly question then , as it woulds seem other's too would like to be able to sort out there souvenirs 

could this be put forward to be considered ,,, at the next round of changes / updates 

When the other 2/3rds noticed "international geocaching day" (the site messed up the second...) all grouped together, she liked the idea.

She'd prefer that instead of alphabetical or date order, they'd be grouped together (CITO with CITO,  country followed by states, that kinda thing).

Promotions (though most are marketing...) she feels should be sorted by the promotion created for, and separated from states, countries and yearly.

• Upvote 4
3 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

When the other 2/3rds noticed "international geocaching day" (the site messed up the second...) all grouped together, she liked the idea.

She'd prefer that instead of alphabetical or date order, they'd be grouped together (CITO with CITO,  country followed by states, that kinda thing).

Promotions (though most are marketing...) she feels should be sorted by the promotion created for, and separated from states, countries and yearly.

2012 and 2013 International Geocaching Days are both messed up.

7 hours ago, SpiritGuide said:

Most apps will sort souvenirs by date.

The official app sort by date too. Its the website that an oddity.

27 minutes ago, little-leggs said:

If it can be done via a add on , why can't it be like this on the web page ? come on ground speak . 

I am wondering the same thing. 3rd party app exist because Groundspeak takes forever to listen to his community.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Lynx Humble said:
19 hours ago, little-leggs said:

If it can be done via a add on , why can't it be like this on the web page ? come on ground speak . 

I am wondering the same thing. 3rd party app exist because Groundspeak takes forever to listen to his community.

One reason (which I don't necessarily agree with) may be "well someone else has made it work for people, so if people really want it they can use that for now and we can dedicate resources elsewhere."

5 hours ago, thebruce0 said:

One reason (which I don't necessarily agree with) may be "well someone else has made it work for people, so if people really want it they can use that for now and we can dedicate resources elsewhere."

like changing the mapping , NOT ......
I know its not everyone's cup of tea 
and it only works for you to view your self ? and not when you look at someone else's  profile 

Why do we need to keep using third party add ones to make , (OUR) , game better 

• Upvote 3