Edited Pocket Query comes out as a .loc

Hillberry

Newby here trying to download pocket queries to my Oregon 450. I was able to download the zip and unzip it but it is way bigger than I needed. So I went to the check box on the pocket query and marked about 30 caches and downloaded them. Well they come up as .LOC files not GPX. Can the Oregon read them? Do I need to convert them some how? Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks

2 hours ago, Hillberry said:

So I went to the check box on the pocket query and marked about 30 caches and downloaded them

You went to results page, (ie, 20 caches to a page) and then started clicking boxes? assuming that's the case, downloads from those pages only will load LOC files. Those files don't have descriptions, coords, title, cache type and D/T ratings is all, I think.  No description, no hint.

Go back to your pocket query, and fiddle with settings on that page, to get it down to some caches that you want.

Sounds like you could center your query on one of the 30 caches, and ask for 100 caches  with one of those as a center point.