found caches gpsmap 66st

Team Fridhem

Hej,

I'am new here so this is my first entry.

Have a question ..

I have a 66st and when i log a cache i see there is now open box on the screen.

I set my filter to 'found, not find and to find'.

So it has to show all those 3 types of caches on my screen .

Go back to my screen ,and there they are.

But if i turn off my gps ,and on again ,it shows only the 'to find' caches.

Nothing is possible ,deletet all the filters and build one new,does not  work either.

What did i do wrong?

Edited by Team Fridhem
Extra info

I am also running v2.10, which is the most current version.

I am unable to duplicate what I believe your issue is.

When I open the Geocaching Setup > Filter > and enable or disable Found, UnFound, Did Not Find, and power cycle my unit, the filter setting is retained.

I am having an issue where my map settings are not retained over a power cycle, and all maps are enabled each time I power the unit on. Do you observe this behavior with your unit?

10 hours ago, Atlas Cached said:

I am having an issue where my map settings are not retained over a power cycle, and all maps are enabled each time I power the unit on. Do you observe this behavior with your unit?

I just tested this on my 66st and all seems good. My map settings seem to stick.  I also turned off Northwest Topos and powered off the unit.  When powered back on, Northwest Topos was still off.

One map thing I noticed a couple of times after using the find button while on the map screen, when I return to the map the screen is zoomed much further out.  For example I may have been zoomed in to 300' level, when returned to the map screen the zoom level is out to 2 miles or something.  It has only happened a couple of times and caught me by surprise.  It may not be a bug as it might happen if the item I am finding is that far away and when I return to the map the scale is increased to include the item I was looking at on the screen.  But it happens even if I don't do a "go to", just look at the item's details and then quit, so I am not sure.  I will keep an eye out for it and see if I can get more specifics as to exactly when it happens and whether it seems like a bug or a feature.

14 hours ago, Atlas Cached said:

Hej, No i have not that same issue .

Only the filter settings are not steady.

Bud if i power the unit on and set my filter ,then all works fine.

It is only when i shut down the gps that the filter settings get lost.

There are no further issues with my unit.

4 hours ago, Team Fridhem said:

Hej, No i have not that same issue .

Only the filter settings are not steady.

Bud if i power the unit on and set my filter ,then all works fine.

It is only when i shut down the gps that the filter settings get lost.

There are no further issues with my unit.

Funny how, presumably with identical equipment and software levels, different users are having different issues.

I'll make sure Garmin knows about your issue also.

Thank you.