What is 'archived' ?

margo50

I have been watching the log of my trackable with interest during the past couple of weeks- many entries said they 'discovered it'. Apparently, it was part of an event in Finland. Then a couple of days ago, I received a message saying that the trackable had been 'archived'. What does that mean?? Hopefully after 6 years and over 15,300 miles archived does not mean it has not been lost? Oh, please no! It is so close to it's destination (Yekaterinburg, Russia).  Perhaps it means just that the event and a cache was archived, but does not refer to the trackable? This is the message I received: 

Greetings margo50, A geocache containing the Travel Bug Dog Tag Alex's Angel has been archived.  The trackable item's last known location was the Event Cache Joulu se tulla jollottaa - 21. luukku.

Crossing my fingers,
Margo

Edited by margo50
Did not sign

Trackables aren't archived, caches/events are.   The message you received even says it was the geocache, not your trackable.  

The event was archived simply because it's over.    :)

Someone logged they placed it in the event, and the trackable's page shows it's still in the event's inventory.

Unfortunately, someone didn't log that they took your trackable, and until/if they do, it's in limbo.

Hopefully someone grabs it from the event and sends it on it's way again.  Good luck.