New Map stalls after only a few keystrokes

georgia_pedestrian

I had this occur when I first got the new map. Now, I may have the new map, I may have the intermediate map (which has satellite but not Google Map), or I may have the old map. I think the stalling is likely something to do with either Java or Flash - whichever is being used. Or I could be wildly wrong ?

Happy New Year!138058464_HappyNewYear.thumb.jpg.6fb9a3d51adfbe71626c341d5172084f.jpg

Finding the new map to be a very heavy footprint, takes time to load and you have to wait for it to load something, anything before you can search.  Maybe start with a very small browser window, since it senses screen dimension and works from there.  I really don't need it to load 4,000 caches before I start doing my search.

Reminds me of our information system vendor, when you go to do a search from any domain within the system, first does a search of everything, so you get to experience about 3-5 seconds of thumb twiddling before you can do your own search.  Starting with a blank screen and the search dialogue is too difficult a concept for them to master.

The real reason I'm in the forum today is because I can't find the search tool link.  No map interface, just the search tool,  where did they hide it?  (No, I don't mean the one that's asking me for a zip code, city or whatever.)  I'm daft in my own way, but not that daft.

edit: OK, now this thing has utterly stalled.  I expect bugs and issues in any new implementation, but usually sorted out before release.  This feels like letting the users be the beta testers.  

Edited by DragonsWest